Western Express cuts me off going up mountain.

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by Woody87, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    I had this happen 2 times this past night by trucks but I just backed off a little and let them get ahead of me some.

I also had a lot of trucks that kept flashing me as soon as I passed their tractor, I always give more space before I get over and I dont care if a car behind me has to go a few mph slower for a few more seconds....there has been times where I would get over and then something happens right in front of me where I have to slam on the brakes, if I didnt leave that space some of those times then I might of been rear ended....one reason why I dont understand why some trucks tail gate people all the time, I will see a truck pass me who is 2 feet behind a car.

dennisroc Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerB2015

TruckerB2015 Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2015

4. TruckerB2015

TruckerB2015 Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2015
    I hate when they pass and cant stay straight in their lane. Here is what happened to me one day on I-285 Atlanta lots of traffic and misty rain. I Had Just gotten a new T-680 a few weeks prior. It started to sprinkle rain so I turned on my wipers to clear window, and then turned them right off after one wipe it was very light rain, and not knowing the headlights come on when the wipers are on, so as a truck was passing me when I did this and half his trailer was a my window, and as I turned my wipers off the headlights went off, and he thought i was giving him the ok to come on over. I had to go 100% truck and trailer over into the emergency lane. Luckily there was no accident. Now i drive with headlights always on. I just kept wondering why he did this. It took me a few weeks to realize why the driver came over on me like he did.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Moon_beam and tucker Thank this.
  5. freebeertomorrow

freebeertomorrow Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Indiana
    welcome to truck driving. you wont change anything with the self righteous attitude.

6. Me you

Me you Bobtail Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Hi this Trisha Betts, I just had one of your driver's FITSUM GETANEH MESHESHA back into my Chevy Impala,Az,location SR-87 & MP-190 at fort McDowell parkway & SR-87.THERE WAS 5 witnesses we kept honking but he did not stop & backed in to us & pushed us about 3feet back then started driving away we had to chase him down to tell him he hit us he yells sorry,& still kept going we had to tell him to pull over,then his first word was that "HE WAS A NEW DRIVER & THAT HE WAS SORRY, BUT HE TELLS DPS that he Didnt do it,I'm hoping to get video from that intersection it will prove he coasted back & hit us,my kids was so scared that he was going to run us over.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.