Western Express Flatbed Lease

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by UpstateFreight, Apr 23, 2016.

1. UpstateFreight

UpstateFreight Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    Starting this thread on the bus ride to W/E orientation in Nashville, TN. I'll keep posting as I progress through the program.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Davidwtson1

Davidwtson1 Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2016

4. Davidwtson1

Davidwtson1 Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Let me know how it goes I'm thinking about going there next month flatbed lease my name Dave

5. Prom Night Dumpster Baby

Prom Night Dumpster Baby Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Bug Tussle, TN
    You pull the flatbed with your bus? New trailer payments are typically cheaper than leasing. WExp couldn't import enough Jamaicans to fill their seats?

6. UpstateFreight

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    LOL!

7. UpstateFreight

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    Day one down. Four more to go! It was a long and boring day, just like any other company orientation. Started off filling out the basic paper work as you normally would. Then everyone went to medical for drug testing, and a new DOT physical. Which was a waste of time if you ask me. Mine is still good for another year, yet they insisted on me having a new 2yr card. Everyone who was here today had to go through this grueling process.

After medical we had a break for lunch. Then they tooknow us out in groups of 4 to do the road test and backing. Piece of cake. The only thing I didn't like was the test truck... Twas a Volvo, and it was auto to boot... And 95% of the fleet is auto. SMH. I don't particularly care for autos, but, a lot of people say they get better fuel economy. Seeing as how I will be buying the fuel, I can get used to it lol.
    After the road test it was out to the yard for tarps, chains & binders, and straps. Fairly easy, just toss a strap over a dry van, and lift a tarp onto a flatbed twice. Also, snap a binder twice that's on a steel roll.
    After that, it was the good Ole hurry up and wait scenario. Then we werected called into the office one at a time to go over our applications. The company drivers had additional pepper work to full out. The lease operators did not. So it was a quick process for me.
    The last thing we did during the day was go into a simulator to test reaction time. Simple test to see how long it takes you to recognize a stopped vehicle and apply the breaks. Also testing you steering.
    And that is day one in a nut shell. Tomorrow is more paper work and test.
    ~Cheers!~

kimbosa Thanks this.
  8. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    This is the usual blah, blah bs ... of no value here .

Now what would be interesting are the details of your business plan. What led you to select WE? What are your revenue and profit projections and how are you going to execute your plan to meet them? What other companies did you look at and what is side by side analysis look like compared to WE?

JimmyWells and playamwj12 Thank this.
  9. UpstateFreight

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    I know it's just the usual garb. But, I was sitting around bored and didn't have anything to do. I'll post more of the number crunching when I sign the contract. And I went with WEXP because they offer $1.05 a mile + fsc. And no Ballon at the end of the lease. I was thinking KLLM but, I don't want to pull reefer and 90cpm doesn't seem to appealing to me. Plus the recruiter said they can't lease to people in NYS. I wanted to go to ATS but I don't have 1yr OTR.

crazeydude and kimbosa Thank this.
  10. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Subscribed

UpstateFreight Thanks this.
  11. Jonrulerofearth

Jonrulerofearth Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Hueytown, Al
    Western Express and KLLM? there's two top tier companies.
    Sir, I wish you luck. But I do have to ask if you researched the "company"? Have you seen the WSX threads? (They were my first trucking job, I did research them and knew what they were.)
    There are better choices for guys who wish to lease.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.