Western Express info plz!

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by kendallgarcia1126, Jul 31, 2014.

1. kendallgarcia1126

kendallgarcia1126 Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Compton, Ca
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Luv2Truck256

Luv2Truck256 Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2013
  4. kikobug

kikobug Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2014
    I am a current WE solo driver dry van. I will only speak of my experiance. I have no complaints i work hard, keep a good pace day to day on the road, stay safe, report anything that i see on my inspections and get it repaired or replaced rather than being that guy that passes it to the next guy i do what i can to fix it, tires ,bulbs etc. I keep things respectfull and keep comunication with my dm. So far that has worked out well for me. I have a few years experiance but not with a big name company so its not verrifyable exp according to most companies, also i do have felonies in my past. Other companies flat out turned me down even wasted my time completing orientation to then get sent home due to backround check. Because of this i have respect for this company western exp. They gave me a chance and for that i am gratefull and in return i take care of them.if you are experianced and clean record etc. Im sure you are not even reading this thread as you have many open doors with other companies but if you are new to driving or have complications like i explained western exp will give you a chance to get in a truck and make some money truck driving compareable to any other entry level big company. If you are fragile to begin with and you think this is some local delivery boy home every day or weekend lol you will be just another one of these guys on here complaining about how they are rarely home or how they applied with an entry level company expecting veteran pay...just a reminder you are looking into becoming a commercial over the road truck driver and thats exactly what you will be doing. Staff has treated me well,pay on time every time, a few delays here and there but that comes with the buisness, good equipment, my home time has been fullfilled upon my request but keep in mind i understand what is expected of me as an employee this is a buisness and the name of the game is make money so i make sure i put in my 2 or 3 weeks before i even consider asking. Good luck and keep it safe out their and get out of the cab and do your pre trips dont be that guy.

surfernabox and jeff18 Thank this.
  5. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

This is an older thread so maybe the OP has a new seat, but with 9 months experience, you should be able to get on with a better company. The minimums now seem to be down in the 6-month range because of the increasing freight and "driver shortage." Look around; there are much better companies no matter what you want to haul.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  6. Luv2Truck256

Luv2Truck256 Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Glad you're happy there. I want the same way as far as equipment and daily operations. But between running northeast all the time and my DM not getting me the miles I needed for the time I spent away from home, 3.5 months was all I could take.

7. chitwntrucker

chitwntrucker Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2013
    Being you have 16 years in trucking why would you even work for them lol

8. Seano713

Seano713 Bobtail Member

May 18, 2015
    Florida
    Western express sucks lol

9. mannygol

mannygol Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2015
    I would like to know if there is another company that can give me a job beside WE with no experience or school ..anybody ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.