Western Express lease purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by UpstateFreight, Apr 18, 2016.

1. UpstateFreight

UpstateFreight Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    Just got a pre-hire from Western for L/P. I know a lot of people post bad things about Western Express, and even more post why not to go Lease. But, I have to find things out for myself, that's just the way I am. Wanting to hear from any Western Express Lease Operators here. I zero experience on flatbed, been running dry van for four months. The last two months have been northeast corridor. I've heard that Western runs a lot of Northeast for the L/O. Which I have no problem with, I know most drivers refuse to have anything to do with the area.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pete379EXHD

Pete379EXHD Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2016
    So basically you want to ignore the advice of many and you're looking for someone to tell you it's OK to lease from a bottom feeder. Why do you need approval when you already know it's wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2016
    Reason for edit: Edited by an Admin.
    Big_D409, rawe, dunchues and 5 others Thank this.
  4. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Since everyone else is lying, ill tell you what you wanna hear.... Your going to make lots and lots of money!!!!

rawe, Loose Leaf, longbedGTs and 9 others Thank this.
  5. Pete379EXHD

Pete379EXHD Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2016
    There ya have it. The justification to be stupid that you're looking for. Knock yourself out.

Loose Leaf, Joetro and RERM Thank this.
  6. Krafty24

Krafty24 Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Dixie
    Are you an ex felon with no recent driving experience? Then why in gods name would you want to work for them? When I see one of their trucks, I get uneasy knowing that the person behind the wheel more then likely is a rapist, murderer, car thief, etc. I give them a wide berth. Don't want to tick any one of them off.

7. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Yep. Running the northeast they bank off you running up there, and only pay you .90 cpm so ofcourse they're gonna keep you up there. Good luck you'll need it.

8. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Look man, how about you go into that little office of theirs and pickup their policy and contract agreement. Bring that to table up on here and we'll translate those details and run the numbers with you. We don't want anymore failures out there...because you need help! We're here to help. I don't know much but I can read contracts well and see the scheme of it all in plain english.

Princess Trucker Thanks this.
  9. 426yankee

426yankee Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Charlottesville,VA
    I would give serious thought to what you are about to do. Are you going to be running F/B? I ran F/B for Western Express for 6 months, and that was all I could stand. I love open deck work, I'm at the same company I went to after Western and I have never looked back. If you can keep your head down, and deal with your own problems at shipper's/receivers, you have a chance, but not much of one. If you really want L/P look at some other places, I could take an hour telling you of all the variables and hassles of being a Western driver, without even telling you the problems of leasing. Just think about it, please. There are better ways to torture yourself. Not to mention all the work of securement for open deck work.

UpstateFreight Thanks this.
  10. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Is this serious, or just a joke?????

jeff18, rawe and Joetro Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.