Western Express lease purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by UpstateFreight, Apr 18, 2016.

1. AkinNAUY

AkinNAUY Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2014
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Dont do it... I drove for western and made a mistake in coming back the second time and finally quit for good and never look back again.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. marinegordon

marinegordon Light Load Member

May 12, 2008
    Richlands, NC
    YEP got hired on got a truck from Quality which hopefully is just a stepping stone because everyone should know you'll never own it.

BUT first week I grossed 3594 this week has been very bad but had to get home for an emergency. Also that was with the dm dispatching me. I have subscribed to a few load boards and think I may try that out. So far the pay has been better then company and no real complaints.

poppapump1332 Thanks this.
  4. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
  5. melsno

melsno Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2015
    My rule is work first truck later. I start with a used truck if i have dedicated miles and i can benefit from buying a new truck later on then I will. Not the other way around. I have 7 years in this i know baby years compare to some drivers on here. I still wont consider lease buying with a company expecially a mega. Show me the money first

6. poppapump1332

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Your not l/p with company,your going to quality pick truck then lease it to western express and you can move truck to any other 75 companies that works with quality if your not happy.I also disagree on the used truck unless you pay cash it and have a descent bankroll then leasing a new truck with full warranty is the way I'd go.70% of load plus fs and they pay tolls also can run off load boards and go home when you want puts the driver in a good position to succeed.Its one of the better programs I've seen on paper anyway.

7. melsno

melsno Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Just a big bill hanging over your head to me seems to much for a rookie. For a experienced driver with a couple of years under his belt i wont bat a eye. But a new truck is a huge bill at least get some cash in your pocket before doing so but what ever some people rather go down with the Titanic singing their own tunes. Enough said.

8. poppapump1332

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    I agree imo no rookie should even think about doing it until they get some experience.As for me I was an o/o and 22years driving both my trucks I bought were used with a payment, first truck was very reliable but was always nickel and diming me just little annoying things like wiper motor,fuel only sucking out one tank,alternator pulley throwing off belts,water pump etc and I did all work myself.Second truck 3406e cat was a money pit and wish I never bought it ended up needing overhauled plus still having a payment so to each their own next time it's gonna be new or pay cash for pre 2003 truck.

9. Ty3000

Ty3000 Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2015
    I commend the thread starter for wanting to seek out his own experience with W/E. Despite all the negativity and reputation W/E seems to have on this forum.

Good luck!

poppapump1332 Thanks this.
  10. CJ58

CJ58 Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2015
    I did Western Express flatbed northeast regional. I had no complaints at all. I made my money and was home every weekend. I got a brand new 2016 FL. I only left because of my home circumstances. Now the big thing with their L/P is you can walk away at anytime. I have met several drivers that are doing the L/P and they are all happy. Oh and no I don't have a gelony record and no I'm not a new driver. They offered what I needed and went there. Everything the recruiter told me was correct. I was expecting the worse but it never came. That was my experience

Loose Leaf and slick mick Thank this.
  11. Bible study

Bible study Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Bible study . .........tell me more about western express

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.