Western Express Orientation

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by HDFatboy01, Dec 28, 2011.

1. dirtboy2010

dirtboy2010 Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Just a quick question.... What if any recourse is realistically available, if a recruiter does lie to you about i.e. that they do not take out any pay from your paycheck? Are you able to contact somebody?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. millerdouglas

millerdouglas Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2014
    hi robert my name is doug miller,i have orientation on august 17 2014 in nashville,i havent drove in 13 years.western is letting me do the refresher course.just wondering how long i would be out with a trainer.going van.recruiter said 3 days orientation,then out with a trainer for 1 to 4 weeks.

4. Gordon A

Gordon A Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Western Express to file for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.
    Pennsylvania- The Nashville based carrier is forced to close it's doors after one of their trucks collided with an EZ-Pass toll booth on the PA Turnpike. The power unit was stuck there for several hours, racking up $2,789,036 in tolls. Human Resources at Western Express will be sending out letter of recommendations to all it's drivers so they can seek employment at other model companies like JB Hunt, Schneider, Swift, or Werner.

5. JustNva

JustNva Light Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Virginia
    Total ########! Do you really believe a vehicle would "rack" up tolls just sitting at a toll booth? SMH

6. streetglider

streetglider Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Alabama
    lol now that's humor I like it

7. OFTOTR

OFTOTR Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Toccoa GA
    Can't be true.
    A western express truck would not have been stopped at a toll booth that long, unless he was robbing the collector.

8. lossy87

lossy87 Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Do I have to go with a tranier with 1 yr exp and is this company good or bad

9. SAMMY6969

SAMMY6969 Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Western xpress!!! Is a starter company//2 nd chance company thats it!!!

10. mroden3i

mroden3i Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Leaving for Nasheville orientation tomorrow. List from recruiter has steel toe boots. Is this a requirement or a recommendation?

Thanks in advance.

Monroe

11. Gordon A

Gordon A Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Recommendation if your going into flat bed. Some shippers and receivers will require some form of foot protection. Not all but some. Just be prepared. OK to take everyday foot wear. Open toe or sandals is so not professional. Leave those at home.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.