Western Express Orientation

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by HDFatboy01, Dec 28, 2011.

1. mroden3i

mroden3i Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Got it.

Thanks.

Monroe

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JustNva

JustNva Light Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Virginia

Keep us updated!!!

4. mroden3i

Aug 10, 2014
    First day. Good so far. Heard a lot of negative comments. This is just another big company that has its own rules and way of doing things. The way I see it is you either want to work or you don't. I don't bring much to the table in the way of driver experience. I'm grateful for the chance to start somewhere. Yeah the hotel isn't the Ritz. Yeah the facilities are a little austere. That is called work and not vacation. If I work hard, then I can have a first class vacation. Just my .02c. YMMV.

JustNva Thanks this.
  5. mroden3i

Aug 10, 2014
    Just another quick update. I hit the ground running Thursday. Knoxville terminal to near Jackson MS. From there to Henderson NV. Tonight I'm cooling my heels north of Bakersfield CA. Not all of it has been positive. What job is? Since Thursday afternoon I've been behind the wheel for close to a thousand miles. I don't see any reason why I can't make a living here. I'm in a new Volvo. It is plenty strong and comfortable. Sure, I could whine about dispatch, maintenance, general lack of give-a-#### and plenty more. I'd rather run safe mile and take care of my family.

While I'm thinking about it, Advanced Trucking Institute in Asheville deserves a shout-out. Joe and Tony do a good job. I'd recommend them with no hesitation.

Gordon A and JustNva Thank this.
  6. Slick 1978

Slick 1978 Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2015
    So I go to orientation the 16 th I really hope I'm not being lied to my wife is disabled so I asked for tx runs they said I will have tx runs and I will be home every weekend I would hate to get all this done just to be lied to

7. BigRigFisher324

BigRigFisher324 Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2013
    If you are worried that you are being lied to, then you are most likely being lied to............

8. Gordon A

Gordon A Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2013
    One thing to remember is trucking is volatile. It changes daily. Some times dispatch will tell you he or she has a load going to xyz like you wanted , Then no load as the shipper may have moved it cheaper or canceled it. That happens a lot. READ the drivers hand book if they have one. It is your bible for the company. Best of luck to you. Be safe
    in all you do.

9. Virgil Stephens

Virgil Stephens Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2016
    Georgetown, DE
    Can anyone tell me what the SQT program is and what all it happens.

10. JustNva

JustNva Light Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Virginia
    I'm pretty sure SQT is Schneider's training program.... Schneider Quality Training I think

11. redd35

redd35 Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2016
    It's like a refresher program..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.