Western Express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by eo2black, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    Well excuse me!! Their ad is misleading because they don't say that anywhere. Don't accuse me of slinging ####! Your Sweet smelling company does a good job of it. Any newbie who read that is gonna say. GOSH! I can get rich there! And it's 75 cents yo!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Again, all they (any carrier who wants to play word games in advertising) have to do is preface the "75 cents/mile" with "up to" and no attorney in the world will be able to get a deceptive advertising judgement against them.

I haven't seen any ad from Western Express so I'm only assuming they say "up to xx per mile". If not, then somebody should most certainly find a hungry attorney who specializes in deceptive advertising and go after WE in a class action suit or something similar.

4. mroden3i

mroden3i Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2014
    OK brother. 1. I didn't accuse you of it, I stated a fact. 2. You seem to have a burr in your shorts over Western Express.
    Personally, IDGAS. I gave my experience so far with this company. Believe it, don't believe it. I do find it odd that most of the folks who like to bad mouth different companies are unencumbered with any first hand knowledge of them.

My grandfather used to tell me "boy, don't worry about the mule going blind, just load the wagon". That has and will continue to served me well. I find if I keep my door closed, my foot down, and my mouth shut, things seem to work out on payday.

5. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    I just have a burr over liars. Not accusing you of lying but the co sure does.

6. iwantFREEDOM

iwantFREEDOM Bobtail Member

i drove for western express for awhile, i can say this about them, they are not a bad company and they give drivers a second chance, i needed a refresher and they were the only company offering one.

there equipment is up to par for the most part, and if you are willing to run you will get miles, there sliding pay scale is utter ########, but you cant win them all, for a guy/gal looking to get back into the saddle its a great fit, you could do alot worse than western express.

Prof.Gringo Thanks this.
  7. iwantFREEDOM

and as for people crying about liars? im sure the recuriter tried/wanted to lie to me, i didnt care, i asked point blank questions and dugg out point blank answers, when i got the bs lie question, i reworded my question and got the real answer, not always the answer i wanted, i understand most recruiters will sugar it up, its besides the point.

ask youself do i need a job or not? i got miles with them had a feq problems with a few trucks, nothing to serious, the internationals have bad wiring problems and the cascadias imo are better trucks, there shop was always slammed in nashville and the one downfall other than sliding pay scale was waiting 4-5 days to get a truck in the shop, you are better off getting a new truck assinged, i had a nice 2012 freightliner i had to give up for an automatic prostar with bad wiring.

all in all is this a place id go with 20+ years of exp? nope, if i needed to get back in the seat and start earning again, and was willing to uphold my end? yep, its easy to talk smack online, but i drove for them and every drivers experience is different.

8. astright

astright Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Yes, the company is great for someone that needs a second chance. The point is that you have to keep your record clean. I figured that I was only making $.16/mile and went elsewhere. When I was only taking home $98 for the week or $149 or some similar number, I just marked the date that my 6 months were up and I could move on. I tried to leave on friendly terms in case I needed to go back for whatever reason. Left the door open. WE is definitely better than CREngland. A couple of friends of mine were there and the one took 8 months to get out of 'training' and only got $.11/mile and the other one became a trainer when he finished his training after 5 months and was only getting $.18/mile. Glad I'm not there.

9. iwantFREEDOM

astright that sounds rough, i came in the refresher, out of the truck sense 2011, i did 10k miles team truck at a 30cpm split, 15 cpm, i made more than 149/wk at 15 cpm we kept the doors shut and got longer runs due to team truck.

when i got my own truck i did not do that bad either, my lowest check was bad imo, but not 149 bad, more about 350 or so, i got weeks where i got 3500 miles solo flatbed, i dont know about the van divison though.

if i had a bad week it was most likely due to a truck breakdown, had a couple of them.

id say its like most companies, if you get in with a good dm, i had a good dm he kept me moving, and if you do your part to run your clock, not dick off in truck stops etc you can get miles.

10. mroden3i

mroden3i Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Just for another data point. My net has been around $700 week here at WE. It isn't all roses, but that is why it is called work and not hot tub full of strippers. :)

iwantFREEDOM Thanks this.
  11. astright

astright Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2014
    A real bunch of you-know-what heads for van division dispatchers at WE. I went in one day asking for the bol and I was told that they were in the 'nose cone.' You WHAT??? He didn't even know that these trailers are flat nosed trailers and don't have a nose cone. When I started there, they (dispatch) assumed that being new to the company means new to the industry. NOT! They screwed with the QUALCOMM so much, disconnecting the navigation, that they broke the whole unit. I got a call from dispatch one day, asking if I knew where I was going since I didn't have a working QC. I never told them that I had 2 of my own GPS's, the internet for my computer and my smart phone. They were never able to figure out how I was able to get to the locations without the QC navigation. That's what happens when you have college educated, non-truck drivers that are dispatching.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.