Western Express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Mr. OBX, May 21, 2016.

1. Mr. OBX

Mr. OBX Bobtail Member

May 21, 2016
    Hampton, VA
    Idk I'm sure everything I would say about these soul sucking leaches has already been said. Spent 5 of the longest, most dreadful weeks of my life working for these ########. Was otr flatbedder for 3ish years, decided regional would be a step in the right direction to local. Huge mistake. Only reason I worked 5 weeks was because I couldn't get a load home.

They promised me regional, got stuck otr.
    Promised 1500mi = $900 + 50cpm after. Made sure I didn't get that. And I hustle my ### off. The closer I got, the longer I waited for load dispatches. My last week I was at 1200ish on Thursday. Friday rolls around, wait all day for a 150mi run home. At which time I turned in the truck and said peace.
    Stuck me with trainer for a week because I couldn't double clutch during their driving test. Haven't double clutched since school.
    Plus everyone who works there treats you like you're scum and you should be grateful for the scraps they give you.

If you're thinking about Western Express, run, as fast as you can, run!

Btw I was flatbed division.

Only thing I did like about the company was that they have very nice trucks. And they have a safety class during their arduous orientation that was actually very useful.

Drac1985, Donnie1962 and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Nothing you said is surprising. Good look to you with your next company.

johnwayne187, Donnie1962 and Mr. OBX Thank this.
  4. Mr. OBX

Mr. OBX Bobtail Member

May 21, 2016
    Hampton, VA
    Thanks. I'm with a local company hauling containers, they're OK, not great. 1099ing me. Trying to get into tankers bc I have the endorsement, and a hazmat.

5. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    You did the right thing. Not giving you the regional you were promised was grounds to walk out, as was the crap about double clutching.

Hopefully the resident company bootlickers won't stop by to lecture you about "job hopping."

sevenmph Thanks this.
  6. Syd'sTrucking

Syd'sTrucking Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Job hopping is quite often necessary in this profession. Especially now days. Far too much BSing to suck drivers in. It's grounds for walking immediately without notice which is exactly what I'd do.

vusomujo, Donnie1962 and superflow Thank this.
  7. Mr. OBX

Mr. OBX Bobtail Member

May 21, 2016
    Hampton, VA
    I actually hope they do. Lol

Forgot to mention something about these scumbags. In orientation, they force you to buy their hardhats, safety vests, and gloves even if you bring your own, like me, for $12.50! Every week on your paystub, you'll see a $2 or $2.50(?) deduction. What for I asked? It's a payroll and monthly ez-pass/prepass fee. So you're basically paying them to write you a paycheck and to not pay your own tolls.

8. exACT driver

exACT driver Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2014
    With their safety rating it is shocking that they even have prepass

Mr. OBX Thanks this.
  9. DJBlaster

DJBlaster Bobtail Member

May 18, 2016
    From what I have heard, they are more of a "2nd chance" company for drivers with a record or something that causes other companies not to Hire them.

But I never worked there, so I could be wrong!

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  10. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    They don't. Western used to have it but DOT REVOKED it a long time ago.

hunted Thanks this.
  11. Mr. OBX

Mr. OBX Bobtail Member

May 21, 2016
    Hampton, VA
    I definitely had one in my truck, I worked in Jan this year. Maybe it truely was revoked Ave they just kept them there to make the driver feel better? Definitely regret my decision to work for them... Didn't do my research, was in a pickle and signed on first company that called.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.