Western Express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Mr. OBX, May 21, 2016.

1. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Right, because throwing your shoulder into that front wheel is only going to pancake you... I've always wanted to watch someone walk too close to the front of an engine, tho. Fwoomp!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  4. Zigzag777

Zigzag777 Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Down Yonder
    You're gonna need the hard hat to keep from bangin yer head on the ceiling of those crap trap trucks.

And the vest, for when you breakdown on the side of the road, or you're walking to the next exit to get help!

Rubicon Thanks this.
  5. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Only if the truck wasn't properly maintained(unless you had the unfortunate luck of being given an International). I had a 2012 Cascadia and a 2015 Volvo. The only time I was stuck on the roadside was in the middle of July 2015 on I-85 west of Charlotte,N.C.,when one of my drive tires on the Cascadia blew out due to the high temperatures. Even then I was only broke down for 2 1/2 hours at the most.

6. Ex-Con-Trucker

Ex-Con-Trucker Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Atlanta, Ga
    If I jumped in a lake, I shouldn't be surprised when I get out wet.

7. Iceberg508

Iceberg508 Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Las Vegas,Nevada
    Not the best company out there but I been with them for almost 3 years. I run dedicated out of Baltimore. Home everyday off weekends. I'm guaranteed $950 a week and don't do even do 1000 miles. It's boring only seeing DC and Baltimore every day but it is what it is. If I go back to OTR, it won't be here

8. kiteslinger

kiteslinger Bobtail Member

My experience with western express was .....
    did the orientation thingy passed the driving test with no marks assigned a new 2017 FL.....
    then I sat in the Nash, yard for a week w/o getting deployed... {either not enough trailers or what they did have was slated to be repaired and RED TAG } every load I seen going out was assigned to a "TEAM" or TRAINNER kept bugging my FM he told me he's been working on it but as I seen from the counter he was too bizzy booking seats to a concert from what I saw on his computer screen that was clearly visible from standing in the front office.....

handed my key over to Ricardo... I told him here's my key, it Friday, if I'm not under a load with in a hour you can keep them as I'm not sitting here any longer than one hr. gather my belongings call my son to pick me up which took about longer than a hr. and left

Get a call once after I get home they said they had a load for me, I said I gave you the week and one hr and you failed to provide any source of income as I sat the whole time... the priority gravitated around "teams/ team trainers" and my FM was not working for me as I put the pressure on him EVERYDAY

9. Ex-Con-Trucker

Ex-Con-Trucker Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Atlanta, Ga
    I was with western for almost two years. I was getting inspected 5 times a year. At my current company, haven't been inspected in over 12 months.

Western is so cheap that if your truck is at the dealer, they'll make you check out of the hotel at checkout time and not rebook the room until 1800 to make sure your truck isn't going to be ready. In other words, you're stuck sitting inn a hotel lobby for 7,-8 hours in limbo. Just hassle after hassle with them. Lucky that I got experience and was able to move on with a good safety history and csa score.

Oh, when I quit I was making .31 cpm. My new employer started me at .43. After I had left western kept calling trying to get me to come back offering a three cpm raise, then five cpm raise. When I told western I was leaving for a .12cpm raise, they were amazed. Not only.12cpm but paid holidays, and awesome insurance. Now I'm up to .15cpm more than I was making at western.

Rubicon Thanks this.
  10. ProStarBrakes

ProStarBrakes Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Almost seems like some of these testimonials are coming from those that aren't willing to contribute fully to the job on their end. I mean, who drives in the hills with faulty brakes? I would've terminated them too. They're offering me 40cent/mi. for OTR (3 wks min. out). Not too enthusiastic about it, and just got off the phone with BTC... They're working on my app as I write this post. We'll see... I'm willing to give Western Express a shot. I'd train for them, and probably make #### good. I know teams and training trucks get a lot of loads thrown their way so...

Anyone got any other suggestions on a flatbed outfit that might be worth my while? Note- I have solid 2 1/2 yrs. OTR exp. pulling 53' dry van with only a lane restriction violation as far as I know. No flatbed exp.

I'm thinking about calling BMT (Buddy Moore Trucking) and see what they say about possibly getting me on.

11. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    ^^^ Why would anyone with 2 1/2 years experience and only one simple violation consider Western Express? Why ? I am dead serious. Why look at a mega at all for 40cpm?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.