what a crock.....truck movers is so full of crap

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mtd1973p, Mar 12, 2010.

1. mtd1973p

mtd1973p Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2010
    canton, ohio
    thanks for your input, is nice to see im not only one that knows how this company can be... the info you stated was also right on and helpful in understanding why things were like they were...thanx again!:biggrin_25520:

supertruc007 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bullldawg

Bullldawg Light Load Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Athens, GA
    I worked for a driveaway company out of Florida, Sarasota actually, bout 2 yearsago that was great. Had offices in Ohio and Florida, and were owned by 2 brothers at the time. Company was called Interstate. We moved alot of Internationals and used cement trucks mostly. And boy were some of those used trucks scary as heck. Trust me.
    But I really enjoyed that job. Alot of times would share rentals to make it cheaper, and she would usually pay for most of the flights. The pay was good especially if you watched ur spending and chose modest hotels, and used frequent stay cards and the rental car rewards cards. I got many a free rental.
    Sounds like that business in general has gone down the drain. I left because of an extremely better offer. But would go back to them in a heartbeat. We also moved trash trucks, oshkosh, henos, cranes, all kind of fun stuff. lol. I can drive bout anything after that job lol. Oh, and i refused to to the decking crap, that's for the birds. IMO. I mean come on, lugging those tools around, and blah blah blah. I'm not a lazy person, just preferred the single trucks, no wasted time there.

4. ambivalence

ambivalence Medium Load Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Cleveland, NC
    Thanks for the memory jolt. Interstate was the company moving decked Navistar trucks to Penske locations after ATT was briefly banned from those locations around 2006 as I recall. The ban was eventually lifted and I talked to one of their ex-drivers who came to work for ATT in the Springfield, OH area as this is where Interstate was based as I was told.

He stated the pay for a three truck decked set was .30 per mile and $30 to undeck - that's very poor pay considering we considered ourselves seriously underpaid at .50 per mile and around $60 for undecking at that time. Mr. 'ex-Interstate' stated most of their employees were retirees from the local Navistar plant and that Interstate had a pretty serious turnover for obvious reasons.

I have no idea what they paid for singles but it couldn't have been much. Our pay dropped to .48 per mile for singles this past summer but our expenses are covered and we have full company paid medical and retirement.:biggrin_25515:

5. Bullldawg

Bullldawg Light Load Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Athens, GA
    Your source was way off on the pay. Again, it's been a few years, and as I can';t remember the exact pay, it was way more than .30 trust me. I was banking over a grand every week and was home alot. I want to say it was around .75 per mile or so, .50 for singles plus fuel surcharge. That was I made some money too by conserving on fuel. And they were great on paying half and sometimes all of travel in between. Not to call him a liar, but what have you. Also, all of the used truck moves were out of Sarasota, FL. New was OH. I drove alot of the brand spanking new Navistar account trucks out of OH man that was a gravy job. (I did the single tractors to Dallas Penskes.)

6. ambivalence

Jul 9, 2009
    Cleveland, NC

Hoping others with more knowledge will weigh in. If pay and conditions are as good as you declare then 1099 employers should have few retention issues and many people lining up for a job...:biggrin_25524:

7. phantominterventionist

phantominterventionist Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Question for one of the TM folks, for the Occupational Accident Insurance :
    1) what does the certificate of insurance say?
    2) was there a cover letter w/cert and from which broker

8. kickapoo62

kickapoo62 Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2010
    truck transport uni mart and most are good companies if you dont mind being on your own ,having light luggage ( most 3 set change clothing )due to much stuff to lug from plane to taxie to truck. not to metion cost of luggage. You have to have HOBO state of mind. Exception! having personal towable transportion seems to work best

9. ambivalence

Jul 9, 2009
    Cleveland, NC

Interesting second posting. One of our company shills recently related how he didn't have a home; his mail went to a relative's house. When laid off, he travels the country living and working with friends and relatives. He's a 'company man' all of the way....:biggrin_25523:

10. supertruc007

supertruc007 Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2011
    unimark is a bunch of corupt people truckmovers is owned by john hummel dont know anything bad a bout him unimark is owned by jht holdings search that

11. supertruc007

supertruc007 Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2011
    120 cpm you pay for fuel logging and transportation beteen loads and your own taxes and they will short your pay every week

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.