what a crock.....truck movers is so full of crap

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mtd1973p, Mar 12, 2010.

1. IMissTheRoad

IMissTheRoad Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Lorain,Ohio
    Okay, first of all I have seen several posts that say that there isn't much money to be made unless you have a tow car. I find it difficult to understand why these companies obviously couldn't care less about the drivers who haul their loads.

I mean come on, you don't have a network of transportation companies at your disposal to move your workers back from where they are taking YOUR freight. I understand that these people are independent contractors and that the expenses ultimately fall back onto them. You would think that these truck hauling companies would have enormous turnover rates (unless they hire mostly derelicts). I have way too much common sense to work for a company that doesn't have a game plan in effect for their contractors to effectively return them to their home domiciles.

If these companies wanted to keep people around and wanted to seem to be legitimate you would see at least one of them that had company drivers. You don't and for a very good reason...They would lose their #####. If a contractor can only muster around $700 a week at a peek without a tow car, having a the expense of several company drivers to move around the country would be fruitless.

So, anyone who thinks of joining an independent contractor only company better think long and hard about why there are no company drivers working for them.

pipeliner07 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wicked Good

Wicked Good Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2013
    profeshnltourist:

I realize your inquiry is a few months old but here goes. Stay away from truck haul. The only people claiming to be making money are ones we never see on the road - they only hang around our terminals and hotels (and in internet forums). I've been doing this for not much more than a year. I started just as the industry went to dirt and I've heard most of the stories and have seen all of the crap closeup. I'm looking around and many of the old timers are too despite the good benefits - hard to live on $600 a week unless you're homeless. We're still speculating on where the 'good trips' have been diverted to - they've all but dissappeared from the dispatch boards.

Hiring? My employer is hiring again despite having fired everyone with less than 90 days last summer. Layoffs? Our major customer announced layoffs were comming next month due to unforseen weak demand. A brief layoff was quickly reversed a month or so back when we noted contractors were still taking trips. Another strike is being planned over the 'contractor issue' just before layoffs are to begin and the union threw us under the bus with a 'no strike clause' back in 2007? The domino effect.

Look elsewhere besides truck haul - you'll never regret it.

pipeliner07 Thanks this.
  4. trucktrucktruck

trucktrucktruck Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2012
    its true this company is a joke. i have had to fax b of ls to them multiple times. they will never pay you for break down pay. if there is ay type of problem with your fuel receipt you will not be paid. reasons for not getting paid for fuel for me were. the amount was too light in color on the receipt. so i said well just multiply the gallons and price. answer "sorry we dont do that" . they will leave you for dead in a broken down truck and say : hey your an independent contractor your on your own buddy" everyone quits. they recently hired a school bus driver who has no idea how to shift. she simple does not down shift and stars in 5th. had to teach her how to do logs. they are a criminal joke and if Navistar had any idea of the people driving there trucks they would terminate there contract right away. also no dispatch no-one not a voice over the phone past 9pm answer"we don't expect our drivers to drive past 9pm" but they will dispatch you in an old day cab with a check engine light over 1000miles". or dispach you on a run that clearly needs to run in the pm so you can get to the next load the following day. its not that you dont expect your drivers to drive past 9pm its that your cheap. your dispacher that dispached you on the load he leaves a 4pm and the after hours guy is just there to call a tow he will not get you home or pay for a hotel"sorry your going to have to wait till morning and see if your dispacher you dispached on the load will pay for it". and past 9pm your ###### yea if you break down past 9pm your on your own. but they dont tell you that and dont admit to it either. just recently the senior dispacher admitted that to me. dispach simple lies to you and if you call there line after 9 there are voice props for break down to call you back. yow will pay for tows at this company you will pay for anything you cant prove you did not do to that truck even if its completely obvious. but thats just to cover there ###. no one will call you back. you will not last at this company noone does. if your not smart and take the wrong load you will lose money. if you break down in there truck after hours and you are in a day cab moving the truck(hence truck movers). and you leave the truck because if you dont you may get killed by a semi passing by screaming his horn at you. and you notify the police where the truck is. but something happens to that truck. they will sue you and press charges on you. but if the truck is left door open middle of nowhere keys in ignition notify noone and the truck is still there the next day. no problem report back to work. these people are shady and simple laugh at you on the phone. forget the new stuff they have very little of it. you will be moving old pieces of garbage praying for your life every time. lucky to make 400 a week and thats with a tow car. that 400 a week is an average for the year. because sometimes its good sometimes its bad. but the bad season basically 7 moths of the year you will need another job. and the last 3 months of the year. you wont see work for weeks. curupt and greedy. so many drivers have quit. so if anyone one wants to come defend this piece of #### company. first answer some questions. do you put drivers behind the wheel of a tractor new navistar with little or no truck driving experience and how many people quit your company in the past 2 years? and do you really want me to get other drivers who worked for you to back up my stories. this company is run by an accountant who cares very little about you. its a numbers game to this jerk off. i hear it used to be a good company till he took over and is squeezing every penny out of you the driver as he can so he can be a billionaire. may he burn.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2013
    pipeliner07 Thanks this.
  5. gotooslow

gotooslow Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Punta gorda, Florida
    wow, what an angry fellow. Truckmovers is not for everyone. Some contractors make excellent livings while others have a hard time managing thier bills. As for Tom the accountant, he is a businessman who took a struggling company with 10 full time employees to over 100 in a couple of years time. If a driver does not know how to manage thier time and money then why blame the company? As an independent contractor you are responsible for the trucks that you sign for. Yes some of the trucks we move are crap plain and simple, but if you don't mark down everything you see wrong you are taking a big risk. When we pick up trucks they are supposed to be DOT legal. Sometimes they are no. It is up to the shipper to make them road worthy. You have to inspect. Don't move a truck until you are satisfied it is ready. Sometimes I make next to nothing on a load. I have gotten so mad I wanted to quit, but I look at the average that I take home a month and think the better of it. I am not a plant by the company I am a contractor my name is Jon and I am on the used deck side. Most of the dispatch knows me. I speak my mind and dont give a rats behind if if I say the wrong thing, but I don't make idle threats and I don't blame anyone for my mistakes. Believe me I have made a bunch. The short of it is, if you are independent and can think on your feet and don't mind getting filthy, you may like this work. Don't sign up if you are just a company driver looking for a good job.

Truckerrr Thanks this.
  6. trucktrucktruck

Jul 8, 2012
    [FONT=arial, sans-serif]there are better truck moving companies out there. that treat there employes right. first off truckmovers is the only truck moving company that does not have an after hours break down dept. I am currently employed by 3 other truck moving companys and am much happer. jon just wait till your in some ######## truck left for dead. also any ding on the winshield of a new navistar your paying for. other truck companys your covered. I got an old bud at the company who had a manufsturing problem with a windshield he could not possilble see before he left. when he hit the road the window actually fell out well they took 750$ dollars out of his security. somthing other companys dont make there drivers pay. and the reason they are criminal is first they make the driver pay the repair then they get the manufature to pay for it as well. ("so if this happened to you connect me and tell me what you paid for. if enough people contact and enough people have been screwwed over ITS Class action lawsuit TIME")yea they steel from the driver! and get the manufacture to pay for IT as well!!! not all truck moving companys are bad. but these people in kansas are complete liers! they are ####. its an on gojng joke there, that your lied to by dispatch. oh if you go pick up a truck and its not dot cedtified somthing that should be guaranteed and your hundreds of miles from home. two bad for you.. And Jon cant do anything about a check engine light that pops on 5min into the ride" even took the truck into the shop,check engine light popped on again, so it was somthing the company new about but chose to screw the driver anyway. i got names and proof!"I dont know what it is cause I never saw it when I worked there.you get dispach saying submit it in writing and you do, and you fax it to them every week for months and noone will pay you for it. I have never been paid for a break down, and the ones who do it takes 5moths of constat bagering of them till they finialy pay you to go away. they are not what they say they are.they are criminal. every single tow away company is better then them. avoid these criminals! you were warned! work for there competitors.who will pay you much better. all you move for this company is used garbage. the other companies I work for you dont touch used. very rarly and you get paid 100$ attempted delivery and you get paid by the hour on breakdown. they dont even let there drivers use the bathroom at some hubs. head dick In charge comes down and says tell those contractors there not employees and are not allowed to use the bathroom. evil type ####. and nobody cares or even listens to there nonsense. its simple if you want your truck moved im using your bathroom. non of the people workjng in the main office have ever been in a truck! their not truck peoeple and when somthing happens to you out there they dont get it. and the only thing worse then there driver turnover rate is their dispatcher turnover rate jon 10 drivers to200 you sound like an advertisement. where did you get that fact. back it up! with some real numbers so i can crush you on there turnover rate. witch is public record by the way.yea cause all you need is a heartbeat to work for these people. use you up and spit you out. if anyone wants to do driveaway email me.conntact me. I will put you on with a real tow company " do not trust these people they are not truck people" just people who are willing to.lie,lie,lie. and the new companys I work for pay alot better then these people. just so you know everyone who pays to have a truck moved by truckmovers pays for there fuel. yet truckmovers still askes there drivers to pay for fuel. they make way to much money per truck to not spread it around. (or even pay some guy 10$ an hour to work after hours for stranded truckers)like I said I got buds all over this industry and at navistar. they make 5000$ per truck and then charge navistar like800$ to.undeck it. the owner is garbage and greedy and there is a warm spot waiting for him in hell. I have so many stories of drivers who have quit and left hating this place. Conntact me, i will put you In touch with a good tow away company. These people have still not sent me my security deposite. Fortunitly I dont need it. But just biding my time till one day I say I would like a receipt for my security. You know for taxes. And they better provide. If you have a problem with any aspect of getting paid by these people and still have the paper work email me! with all the different ways they scam there drivers. fuel, breakdown, manufacturing issues. we will have enough for a class action lawsuit against them. I would have waked away no problem from these people but they harassed me with phone calls AND THREADED ME WITH CRIMINAL charges! in a civil landscape. just to get a reaction out of me. if they had any clue how the law worked the head dispatcher over there would have kept his mouth shut and left the criminal charges to the ones with the badges. uk Gross people AVOID! . My dispacher actually was harrasing me trying to get me to say something stupid in a text after i was no longer with them. scary people AVOID! The fact I did mot get my security back lets me know they do it to others. My attorny said if I get enouf people on my side who have not been paid they will considere filing a class act in civil court. but we need a whole bunch of complaints a #### load. If you got screwwed out of money from these people let me know. and if it adds up to something worth fighting for. we will all get paid "back!". This could be a great company. But the people who run it in kansas city are criminal and really do not care about there drivers. They have as much truck driving experience as a thimble. [/FONT]
    Jon give it time. You will quit too. Or just dont move used stuff and starve. Or "jon your a fictonal character created by the head office thats my bet" lol. so feel free to email me if you want to work for a good tow away company. Or have a story of how truck movers stole from you. God bless and and dont be afraid to put big companys in there place. They count on you leaving with your tail between your legs.

pipeliner07 Thanks this.
  7. pipeliner07

pipeliner07 Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2012
    WISCONSIN
    Wow, another driver that is telling the Truth about this Ripp Off Company. Everything he stated is true, Divers Beware of this company.

8. debinindiana

debinindiana Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Indianapolis IN
    Finally, I found what I've been looking for.. I was asking about info. on Truckmovers. Does anyone know the names of legit driveaway companies?

9. lanconic

lanconic Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    I worked with truck movers for years, believe me when I say they are far from a good company.
    But you where contract labor with them they have no employees that drive.
    You probably made between 50 to 65 cpm and you had to pay return expenses out of that you could have gone to pull out of Dallas or Laredo they run trucks all over the lower 48 and Canada from Texas I have taken many trucks to Va. and flown back to Texas.
    get your facts straight!

10. trucktrucktruck

Jul 8, 2012
    better companies out there

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  11. Truckerrr

Truckerrr Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Texas
    we are contractors not employees, so pink slips dont apply.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.