What are Owner-Operators actually paid at Swift?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by coty, Jul 10, 2011.

1. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Crete treated me well and I did well there.. I have nothing bad to say about them because they ran and and got me home on time always. They started me at .43 with less than a year experience when I joined them.
    Anyway I didn't say there's anything wrong with leasing a truck as you're right I am doing so myself.
    Why run for cheap while leasing a truck was specifically what I questioned.

And yeah Schneider is better here because the rates are better and you're in control of how, when and where you run.

Just for one example here's the load I finished today and the load I'm doing tomorrow:
    [​IMG]

That's about two days and oh about 758 all miles and $1892 in revenue or nearly $2.50 all miles
    Still might do more tomorrow if I feel like it.
    Are those numbers possible on a mileage rate lease deal? At Swift or anywhere really? no.
    Only picking your own loads and % is that possible.
    As far as trucks go.. I'm on board with you. I didn't want to take any chances on a used truck that's why I got a new one. Sure the payments on higher but I still do fine and have less to worry about so it's no big deal at least is my opinion.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
    T_TRUCKER. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    So if my math is correct here your getting $1.20/mile for ALL miles To The Truck?

Sounds like you KW is getting really good mileage if your Fuel AND truck payment AND all other expenses are only totaling $0.60cpm. Heck my pig is costing me $0.44cpm in fuel alone. Lol.

The PB&J line isn't an attack, nor am I some poster child for LS. So far I'm only getting $1.59/mile on all miles to the truck. LS is just another mega as far as I'm concerned. They take too large a percentage and have so many departments of wasteful spending. Instead of some huge corporate campus to have a safety meeting I'd prefer a gravel lot, mobile trailer, and more money in MY pocket.

4. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Schneiders l/p is better by far and alot more organized.

5. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Yea there is no comparison, schneider has one of if not the best lp deal out here, im in complete control of everything, i dont have a dispatcher controling my income

6. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Well, I heard they were getting paid in Pesos and Rubles as well as Yuan. It was at a truck stop lunch counter so take it for what it is worth.:eek:

7. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    Getting deep in here!

8. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Maybe a dumb question already answered 100 times previously but are your truck lease payments tax deductible and if so fully or partially? This is a question to anyone in the know.

9. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    fully.. it's a business expense just like fuel. Think of it as you're renting a tool to operate.
    If you BUY a truck it's a different story.

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  10. JOHNQPUBLIC

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    I assumed it was but figured someone actually doing it would know for sure. Makes sense and is another positive with leasing that many do not think about. Along with new(er) equipment that is either under warranty or hopefully

11. JOHNQPUBLIC

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    ....more reliable. For some reason the rest of my last post did not publish

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.