What are school buses for?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Blackshack46, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

This morning I was crossing the Walt Whitman Bridge west bound and you can see that car lot on the PA side from the bridge.
    My question is what were those 5-10 short school buses doing driving around the cars? People in safety vests were getting off and walking around the cars. What's the deal with that?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stevez57305

stevez57305 Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Florida
    Duck duck goose the adult version

Mudguppy and Blackshack46 Thank this.
  4. mnmover

mnmover Road Train Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Lichfield MN
    They were picking up the drivers that parked the cars so they can go back and get more cars. Dealers and auctions usually just put on a dealer plate and hire a semi retired person, male or female to drive cars instead of hauling them. Quicker, damage free cheap way to move vehicles. The could have been coming off a boat or the train in that location.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  5. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

I can see that being the case. Those cars seem to never move, and this morning was the first time I've seen any activity in that yard full of new looking cars.

6. jbelles

jbelles Light Load Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Buffalo, NY
    That would be people parking the new Hyundais and Kias that came in from the port. They being staged for pick up by haulers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.