What are some small companies that dont check dac!!!!

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by duddie, Nov 7, 2008.

1. thedead57

thedead57 Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2010
    West Brownsville, Pa,
    ......no truck company, but, anyone that prescribes to DAC must want to tell them lies, for that's all they seem to collect, they are a group of people that have proven to be very gulible when it comes to listening to companies about drivers, for the most part, it's those drivers they dislike, that they pass the bad word on, DAC should be placed in a position to explain why there are so many negative reports, there just cannot be that many bad drivers out there, oh I'm sure there might be a few, but, all of them, it just seems to be a place to pass along information to hurt drivers they dislike.......makes you wonder why big brother supports their cause, huh?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cooper09

Cooper09 Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Does DAC only verify past CDL experience or all employment exp. ?

4. huff126

huff126 Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Yea DAC is just a joke of an agency!!!! If you driving record is not good enough then what is? Maybe the CSA2010 will put a stop to all the false reports on the DAC report.

5. slimgoody

slimgoody Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Is there any trucking out there that does'nt use dac service, i have a friend who has negatives on his dac, and needs work. the issue he had was he denied a pp, and took the truck to the companies yard, and the company kllm put on his dac, that he quit under pp, and abandoned the truck, i told him that truck abandonment would stay for 7 yrs, but i'm sure not every co. uses dac, if anyone knows of a company as such, i would lile to pass the info on to him. he resides in the los angeles ca. area

thanx
    slimgoody

6. need_a_job

need_a_job Bobtail Member

May 3, 2010
    Euclid, OHIO
    Failed pre-employment.... will i get hired or does anyone know small companies that will hire me... Euclid, Ohio

7. kirabu

kirabu Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Denton, NC
    My husband had a perfect driving record for over 30 years.Within the last year he had problems withe the safety department in 2 companies.He was fired and the info was sent to DAC.He has had no tickets . no warnings,no violations and numerous safety awards. Are there any companies that hire without relying on DAC?

8. flatbedder

flatbedder Medium Load Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Illinois
    small ones usually dont use it. Start calling mom n pop shops

9. kirabu

kirabu Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Denton, NC
    My husband can not find a job because of his DAC record. He has no tickets, no violations, not even a warning. The DOT has never been involved in anything. What happened to the good old days when your MVR was all you needed??? He really needs some names of places to apply to. We live in NC, but he knows all 48 states (been driving for 32 yrs.)
    If someone could please help us, he is really getting depressed hearing NO!:smt088 all the time.

10. TruckrsWife

TruckrsWife Significant Otter

Aug 29, 2008
    God's Country, CA
    The company my hubby works for didn't use DAC, they used DriverFacts to verify his previous employment.

I find it interesting that when hubby's contract was terminated by Swift (long story, and waiting on the Judge's decision), they put on his DAC/USIS/HireRight: Rehire: No. But on the DriverFacts: Rehire: Upon review. So I guess it depends on how bad your previous employer wants to play dirty and prevent you from finding gainful employment because ALL major carriers use DAC/HireRight.

11. TruckrsWife

TruckrsWife Significant Otter

Aug 29, 2008
    God's Country, CA
    All you can do without a lawyer is dispute whatever it is they claim on his report. You've not gone into much detail for others to advise you in any productive way (if it's possible). What exactly is the company claiming on his report? Company policy violation? Excessive log violations? A preventable accident? Is their claim true?

Usually only very small companies who don't have the resources will not use DAC. Some only require a current DMV printout, but will probably call the previous employer to verify his employment.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.