What can you expect a solo lease truck to make a week

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Bigboxdave, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Bigboxdave

Bigboxdave Light Load Member

May 2, 2016
    How much can I expect my truck to make in a week running hard and not turning down loads. Or should I refuse loads that don't pay much.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Use the search function... Sometimes you'll make more than a company driver, sometimes you'll make less.

4. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Refuse loads that don't pay much...LOL!

nofreetime Thanks this.
  5. Bigboxdave

Bigboxdave Light Load Member

May 2, 2016
    Wouldn't that get you blacklisted?

6. Prime-Mate

Prime-Mate Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    You will need to refuse loads at times, don't count on your FM looking out for your best interests. If your FM keeps you above the 4K gross a week then run with it. If you are barely doing 3k gross a week then you will have to start turning loads down, stay out of low paying lanes.

redoctober83 and Chucktshoes Thank this.
  7. darthanubis

Jun 26, 2015
    But turning down loads just because of pay is a losing proposition. You can make sales send you better loads. You can force your fleet manger to be more efficient. Habitually turning down loads make you come off as a clown, then you get ignored, and have to either quit, fleet manner shop. It's a no win proposition in my humble opinion. Have I turned down loads, yes. Was it because of the pay, no.

8. Prime-Mate

Dec 17, 2013
    If you let the FM bend you over with low paying loads, then you are a clown.....

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  9. darthanubis

Jun 26, 2015
    I used to respect your opinion. To the trash bin you go, clown. My truck made $4800 in a week. I had several loads no higher than $500. I took home $2k. Telling these new guys to give FMs a hard time without them knowing what's on the board is irresponsible. But what do you care, you got yours.

112racing and rock hopper Thank this.
  10. Prime-Mate

Dec 17, 2013
    Now you sound like a douche," giving them a hard time",,, What a shame that an FM may have to plan ahead, or look through the loads and grab a decent paying one. How many times I have turned down loads that pay a buck a mile only to have one sent minutes later at two bucks a mile... Its disgusting that you would tell these newbs to just accept what they get and like it, because the FM has there best interest in mind.... You are a shill my friend, a sheep, a brain dead buffalo, Have you hauled a thousand mile load at four bucks a mile that wasn't high value, that's a fleet manager who looks ahead to find these loads. My truck has made 9,000 thousand in a week, so don't tell me just accept your lot in life and don't give the FM's a hard time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.