What do you consider to be a good price/mile pay as an o/o ?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by BigGP, Apr 26, 2016.

1. BigGP

BigGP Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Hey everyone, just wondering what is the price for the whole load you got to get paid so you consider it asa good or decent pay? Back in a day everyone was going $2+/mile in a dryvan, but things changed. I would like to see what rig you run and what you think is the least you can get paid for the load/mile so you do the job? We run 2car hardside Enclosed with a 2010 Ram3500 and i am trying to get at least $1.5/mile. We used to run 6 car Hardside Enclosed and managed to stay with $2 a mile and gross an average of $7600 a week, but it was too hard to keep the pace with such hard work. So please let me know what rig you run and what are you getting?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    A buddy of mine averages about $3 a mile pulling new empty trailers that don't even belong to him delivering from the manufacturer to the customer

4. Terry270

Terry270 Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY
    I think $2 per mile for all miles at least or go drive someone else's truck. And that is for a simple setup like yours. Not a 6 car open or enclosed.

Unless he is loaded both ways divide that by 2

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.