What Does SubWay mean by Fresh

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by orangepicker, Nov 8, 2015.

1. TigerShark

TigerShark Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    Jareds trailer is always full and getting miles, I'm gonna go drive for him.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    For me, the emphasis is on the wrong word in that statement. It should be; "Good" fresh food.
    I eat at subway occasionally because its one of the lowest fat food we can get out here that is accessible. Not because its good. For me, Subway is one of the lest favorite foods I eat out here.

4. TooSlow4Words

TooSlow4Words Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Check the sodium content in Subway. I have no idea how they pump that much sodium in and still manage to have no flavor? At least they have some veggies to throw on it, I doubt it really makes it any healthier.

5. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    What I like is, it's refreshing! Yep whenever I put a depressant drug in my body I feel all refreshed!

mountaingote Thanks this.
  6. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Subway has made two major changes this year.
    The second one is that they are going to all natural meats and cheeses next month.
    The first was taking jared out of their kids meals.

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Thanks this.
  7. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    They need to do something about the bread. It just really doesn't have good flavor . but I still eat it in a bind.

8. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    If you read the ingredient fine print available at the website, it will scare you to death. Almost all of the "meats" are turkey based slime with artificial ingredients to make it taste like "ham" or "capicola" or fill in the blank. And pre sliced and portioned a thousand miles away a week before it is "made fresh". Sometimes the "sandwich artist" forgets to remove the wax paper between the portions, you eat it thinking a sub sandwich is supposed to taste that way.
    Many alternatives available, albeit hard for us drivers to get too. Jersey Mikes, Firehouse Subs, Jimmy John's are all light years ahead.

9. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    we have thundercloud here. Pretty decent. Been meaning to try jimmy johns.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.