What if...

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Commuter69, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Commuter69

Commuter69 Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2014
    You find yourself driving in Florida (alligator and crocodile country) and you accidentally kill a critter.. Is it legal to collect it and find someone to make belts, wallets, boots, bags, etc., out of what's left?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    if you survive the wreck after running over one, i think you should keep it and do as you wish.

lots of character Thanks this.
  4. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Tastes like chicken. :)

G.Anthony Thanks this.
  5. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    Yeah I think if you hit one you're gonna have much bigger things to worry about than profiting from it.

The ensuing damage to your truck and all the authorities that will be onsite will take care of the gator or what's left of it. You won't get the chance to grab it.

Most of those areas where they are prone to roaming have fencing along the roadway and bars across the drainage culverts to keep them from getting into the roadway anyway......although there were a bunch a baby gators in the right lane of 75 south a couple weeks ago when I was down there around the dade city exit

Mudguppy Thanks this.
  6. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    yeah, like he only ran over the baby, and mama is ah comin'.......

7. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    Like FM said, you ever hit one, by the time you're done collecting the parts that broke off your rig, there wouldn't be much left of the carcass, other than a little meat for some gator nuggets.

PM me if you ever need a recipe....;)

(and no, legally you need to report it to Fish and Wildlife.)

flyingmusician Thanks this.
  8. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    That AIN'T no old wives tale either....When I was younger, a buddy and I were spending a week out in the Everglades hunting; we took a break to do some canoeing and fishing in a nearby canal. We were paddling along when it started getting really shallow; next thing I know I look down in the water and there's 10-15 little babies (about 8-10" long) all scattering away from us.. We looked at each other and were already starting to dig deep with our paddles when the sawgrass and lilly pads on the nearby bank erupted with about a 12' mama gator heading right towards us!

Quite a sight to see a paddle-driven canoe get up on plane. We must've been doing 25-30 knots....;)o_O

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.