What is every broker's pressure point/biggest problem?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by gibbsfree, May 18, 2015.

1. gibbsfree

gibbsfree Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2014
    To all brokers: What is your biggest pressure point(s) or problem(s) in this industry?

Some examples of pressure points could be:
    • finding quality carriers
    • tracking shipments
    • finding carriers for last minute or hot loads
    • managing your carriers/shipments
    • communication with driver/carrier/customer
    • sending documents (RCs, tenders, BOLs)
    • speed at which carriers are qualified

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dannythetrucker

dannythetrucker Road Train Member

May 26, 2011
    everywhere, man
    Offering profitable rates to carriers ? just a thought, I've noticed just a couple brokers struggle with this, I'm sure none of the ones on this forum !

4. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Communication-I don't have access to my e-mail or fax machine while I'm driving down the road. If it is urgent, call me and I will try to solve your problem or come up with an alternate solution.

5. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    If you fix #1 then you've solved the remaining 6. Problems arise when you change #1. It really is that simple.

6. coldasice

coldasice Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Communication: The job of a broker would be a breeze if everything was communicated with honesty, clarity, and completeness from both the customer and the carrier. Because the customer and carrier are both humans; however, this is not always the case. Most of the time different issues can be resolved rather easily. Delivery address or appointment was moved? Freight was heavier than on rate confirmation? No one at the shipper? No problem. Just get in contact with me and we'll get it sorted it out.

The only time it becomes a problem is when one or the other link in the chain is missing. Delivery is late? Customer is pissed and wants to know where the freight is and when driver will be there? Dispatch doesn't know squat and driver won't answer the phone? Pressure point.

Along the same lines, if the carrier has encountered an issue and your customer contact is not available and no one else knows squat about your load that also becomes a major pressure point. Failing customers is bad, but failing carriers by providing no answers is just as bad.

Tim77 and astanbrough Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.