What is the best fuel card?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by angelsaldivar5, Jan 18, 2017.

1. angelsaldivar5

angelsaldivar5 Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Hello, I wish you all the best!
    So, I started my own company and I'm going a bit broke just having to pay everything since everyone wants a cut of our hard work as a owner operator. Can someone save me and say what is the best fuel card?
    You are amazing!!! Thank You.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I am always open to listening and I am new so take this for whats its worth....but the best I have found in my short time is my personal banks (Huntington voice card in my case) business card with triple points on fuel. I have turned down a offer from pilot because, 1: I don't want to use just one chain and 2: because I am from Cleveland and can't stand the owner of Pilot/Flying J and 3: because I am a trucker and he boned truckers on fuel anyway.

Lepton1 and angelsaldivar5 Thank this.
  4. angelsaldivar5

angelsaldivar5 Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2017
    I really appreciate the input however the thing is that at the moment I need a fuel card because I don't have the funds to be doing it through my personal bank card and or my credit card.. I really wish I could use my bank but I can't until I get things flowing better.

5. strollinruss

strollinruss Road Train Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    We just signed up with NASTC

angelsaldivar5 Thanks this.
  6. dlstruck

dlstruck Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2016
    I hear NASTC is good. I'm looking to sign up as well, been running almost a year now just paying cash.

7. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    That's a simple one bud the one that gives you the most points and rewards and charges the least interest!

8. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
  9. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    Fuel cards are not like credit cards. Depending on the terms you qualify for, you will either prepay or be billed daily or weekly for your purchases. They don't help you much if you don't have the cash to cover your fuel bill.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  10. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Got 7 days to pay on auto withdrawal. I got it for the discounts not for floating the money though.

11. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I do pretty good on efs. Good discounts at smaller chains kwik trip and sapp and lots of independents. .10 flat off cash at pfj. Accepted pretty much everywhere. I have to fund the account up front and it is a draw down system. Suits me just fine, I never get behind.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.