What on earth is wrong with swift drivers?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by drvrtech77, Nov 19, 2015.

1. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Wow , when I grow up I want to be just like all you ### holes . I guess since I started driving in 1967 I'm still only a rookie since I make, fortunately small and insignificant , mistakes every now and then . Obviously y'all are perfect and I want to be just like you . I now can focus on nothing else . Its even keeping me awake at night . I'm sure the lack of sleep will cause me to make more mistakes . Maybe I should just accept that I will never be as good as y'all or just give it up and retire so I can wander around mumbling about never being good enough .

Moosetek13 and Badmon Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    You're already like us you just don't know it....

4. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    I sure do , Jim . Not a better group to be part of in the world . And a great group to take a slap at now and then .

SHOJim Thanks this.
  5. damil

damil Light Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    soooo you have never seen something that just makes you stop and scratch your head. Hell we all make mistakes and we realize that no one is perfect. They say ignorance is bliss. Hell there are days I am the most blissful person in the world. When you see a pattern of mistakes what is wrong with pointing them out. It might just make someone reading these posts who gundeck (navy term) there pretrip to take the extra time to actually do it right. Is that so wrong. I #### sure would hate to be passing either of these guys on a two lane and there door pops open just as I pass.

misterG and tucker Thank this.
  6. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Have you personally seen a "pattern of mistakes" anywhere other than these forums ? I would have to doubt it . BTW , do you have any idea what statistically insignificant means and how it might apply to your bashing of a group of people you know little about ?

I also avoid scratching my head because it may cause a few more of my few dozen hairs to flee . But I routinely see you and yours do things that prompt that WTF response .

We are all out here trying to make a living . What the #### makes you better than me or the next driver . What makes you so special ? Please enlighten me ; I want to be just like you .

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  7. damil

damil Light Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    First you do not know me. Second I challenge you to find anywhere I bashed any driver or company on this post. which makes me believe it is statistically insignificant that you read any of the posts. please wait to play with the troll dolls till after Christmas..

flightwatch Thanks this.
  8. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    You seem to have a reading comprehension problem . Try again .

Drphil86 Thanks this.
  9. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    A21CAV, Damil seems to be correct in this argument.
    He (?) hasn't bashed anyone in this thread. I can't say about other threads because I haven't taken the time to look him up, but not here.

Don't go postal.

The OP seemed to be bashing Swift from the start, but not Damil. He just made a comment, and it was not bashing Swift drivers. Go back and look. You took offence to his first comment, which was very recent. But it had nothing to do with Swift drivers as a whole.

Personally, I try to not make mistakes - in part because I am a Swiftie.
    I try to increase the positive perception of Swift drivers by how I drive and conduct myself.
    But too many Swift drivers don't have that attitude because they see Swift as simply a way to a means.
    That includes new drivers as well as some scum mentors that are just in it for a buck.

If I felt like it I could start a Swift bashing thread myself - even being one.
    Heck, on one of my more recent loads I was faced with a new Swift driver that couldn't even scale correctly and left me with an illegal scale ticket on a t-call load. And I spoke with him directly while picking up the load.
    He knew that he had not been trained correctly and had asked to be put with another mentor for better training. But Swift would not and kept him solo.
    Maybe after 3 mentors Swift feels he should either swim, or sink.

The problems with this company are many. But it is also due to simply being a training company.
    There are too many variables in the training process.
    And with Swift being the largest training company there are bound to be more mistakes, numbers wise that is.

10. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Moose , notice "when you see a pattern of mistakes". That was my only point . On the other hand , I'm just like you . I don't give a hairy rat's ### what anyone thinks .

Swift provided for me when I was one step away from trying to figure out what homeless shelter I would be heading for . I'll ignore the idiots for the most part but sometimes its time to tango. I long ago noticed a pattern of ignorant people who haven't had an original thought since the first time they crapped their diapers holding forth on all that's evil with Swift drivers . Not so much Swift as Swift drivers which is entirely what this thread is about .

HousTank and Drphil86 Thank this.
  11. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I don't think crapping in a diaper is an 'original' thought.
    That was funny, though.

Swift, as the largest trucking company and also the largest training company in this country, draws some good people and some bad.
    Can't be helped.

But I think it is just as much a problem with Swift as it is with the drivers. Maybe more.

I don't think the driver I mentioned should have been given his own truck. He really didn't have the knowledge, and possibly skill, to do the job properly.
    Frankly, he seemed like a dimwit.
    I am not trying to be insulting, but just to see things as they are. Some people are simply not right for this job.
    He seemed confused with everything I said to him.

That is a problem with Swift, and their methods.
    Swift needs to cut loose more of the potential drivers that don't really measure up, instead of trying to make something stick by random hurls of excrement at a wall.

Swift has mentioned many times that it is about 15% of the drivers that bring down our scores.
    Well then, why not simply get rid of those drivers?
    But they don't seem to be doing that.

If they did, our scores would improve by a great degree.
    If they did, they might even be able to charge more for loads.
    And if they did, Swift would be in better standing with the trucking community in general.

HousTank and A21CAV Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.