What the....?

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by Jrivas23, May 15, 2014.

1. sherlock510

sherlock510 Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Intercontinental.
    Never not funny 😂😂😂

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    Old News.... Yawn...It's hard to believe some folks still think its news..

4. jta1978

jta1978 Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2013
    Let me do everyone a favor. This is a VERY OLD POST!!!!!!! This is about the 10th time someone has posted this.

So what happened with this driver?

He was obviously a rookie that got in a panic one would think. But he was also acting like an idiot. He did tap the top of the bridge from what I understand and so decided to back up and turn around. The guy who filmed it did offer to help guide him out of this predicament but the driver refused. If you look in the video he simply only had to back up about 25 feet and he would have had plenty of room to turn around. This is all from the guy who originally filmed it. Im pretty sure USA truck knows about this video and this driver probably isn't with USA anymore. This wasn't just an accident it was a display of stupidity.

Once again this is all old news.

mje Thanks this.
  5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Early on just after I got my own truck I missed a low clearance sign in Pennsylvania and came face to face with this same kind of situation. Every driver I know has a story where they messed up and got in trouble. In my case I did several things wrong. First I did not consult my truckers road atlas about low bridges. Second I did not call the shipper for directions and finally I panicked after I got lost. However there is something that separates most drivers from steering wheel holders. When they find themselves in a hole they STOP DIGGING!! In my case I swallowed my pride and called the highway patrol to assist me in backing almost 1/2 mile back to where I missed the sign and followed the trooper to the facility where I got loaded. That day the only thing that was damaged was my pride. Its actually painful to watch that video. Back a few months before I got out of trucking a driver for my company Willis Shaw pulled a stunt just as bad as this. He pulled his rig pulling a 53 footer into a McDonald's took out the drive through awning along with several cars and finally pulled down an electrical line by breaking a power pole. None of us are perfect but I often wonder where these guys minds are.

6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Even though this may be old news as the post ahead of you said,its still very real and happens on a daily basis.I think this video should be kept alive as a constant reminder of what not to do.We all get in binds I had to call 911 when in Chicago facing a low bridge.You did the right thing calling hwy patrol.You'll get in more situations thruout your carreer.Its better to call 911 then to try and figure it out yourself like this usa moron did.

7. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    I don't know, seems akin to needing to be reminded that you have to breathe.

8. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Several years ago I actually spoke to an Illinois state trooper in the TA truck stop near Chicago on I-80. He told me he preferred to be called instead of having to clean up a situation where a driver goes off on a tangent and tears something up.

9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Common since should take over but unfortunately it very seldome does.Nobody should have to be reminded of anything in this industry but more ppl then not need someone to hold their hand.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.