What was your most interesting load or run?

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by desperado75, Nov 27, 2012.

1. desperado75

desperado75 Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2012
    allentown,pa
    My most interesting load was during my training with Direct Transit Inc. in August 1996. my trainer and I pick up in Mojave,CA .About 3 miles down a dirt road. It was sevral barrels of paint and a compresser for NASA (for the shuttle).

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    When I drove for Keen transport I picked up a landing craft from WWII that was used in the filming of saving private Ryan and a band of brothers. I picked it up in Pa. And took out to a private collector in Utah who has the largest private collection of WWII memombilla in the US. After I delivered the load he gave me a tour of 3 of the 6 warehouses full of stuff. To top it off he gave me a $100 dollar tip for delivering the load.

jonboy29 and desperado75 Thank this.
  4. Real Deal

Real Deal Medium Load Member

May 29, 2012
    Saint George UT
    I hauled a human heart for the Baptist Hospital in Memphis TN once. It was in a little cooler. Just had to plug it in the cig lighter to keep it cold. Every now and then I would have to give it a squeeze to keep it pumping.

desperado75 Thanks this.
  5. socal

socal Medium Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    Showed up to a chemical Distributer in Detroit Mi early morning before they opened for a delivery.I had been there before so I backed in. It was a outside dock sloping down and the Dock area had about 3 feet of water in it. In the morning when the receiver woke me up I was shocked to see roof was burned completely out. They opened up and took my 4 pallets of drums but the place was just a shell of a building from a fire the day before I showed up. Just Block walls no roof and every drum they had in their warehouse was either melted or the top blown out of it like a cartoon.

Now that this was the next day the morning paper had a write up about the fire saying the place was now like a chemical soup. I thought whoa crap I guess that explains the 3 feet of water my trailer tires are sitting in.:biggrin_2556:

desperado75 Thanks this.
  6. desperado75

desperado75 Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2012
    allentown,pa
    just reviving thread

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Too many to count. For every interesting load I must have had like a dozen boring loads of toilet paper or something. Ugh.

One came out of the US Military Depot in Summit PA, near York. That one was sent to the Pentagon downtown DC. I knew nothing about that 40 foot box. Absolutely nothing at all. Everyone treated me rather badly in that particular run. I never got to see the pentagon with it, there was a tractor waiting in a lot where I was told to go and wait. That tractor took the box without so much as a thank you.

I got paid for that one. Eventually. I think they got tired of my checking and threw the payroll at me lol.

Come to think of it, I would run many more loads into and around DC, it became more of a combat mission than anything else once everyone started to get really aggressive on the beltway. The motor cades were the worst. The entire 4 lane road would part like the sea at Moses command exept stupid ol me in the middle refusing to move out of the way lol. what a mess.

Im glad those days are gone and over with once I made US 15 a habit.

desperado75 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.