What Western Express orientation is like...its not good.

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by Happyfeet, Jul 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    In many areas, those two are the same!

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    True. I was looking at a CRST truck when I posted it. But same difference, they both suck. These ####ty companies thrive on the irresponsibility of the drivers. Go to any orientation for any company and its a bunch of broke ### people without a pot to piss in. I'm not at home out here, do I expect them to feed me? Of course I don't. Why should I in an orientation? I also don't expect them to get me there. I pay for my own flights (I don't do greyhound) and whether or not they reimburse me is not an issue. THEY can promise whatever THEY want. We're adults here. Capable of making our own choices and at some point you have to come to the realization that most people in this business that recruit are full of ####. They're con artists by nature.

I guess I don't feel bad for anyone who is upset over lunchmeat. I grew up poor and made my way to being comfortable. And I did it before I started trucking, which I did at 25. I didn't come to school and orientation broke with unrealistic expectations. People need to stop thinking with their hands out.

Erick Evans and HorseShoe Thank this.
  4. HorseShoe

Jun 29, 2015
    No wifi???? Oh the horror!?!!!!!!

5. HorseShoe

Jun 29, 2015
    Your point was clear. That person tries to pick fights with random people for some reason. Luckily, I rembered I forgot to add him to my ignore list. I previously upset him about his governed truck and he's been on my case ever since ;)

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  6. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I've decided to take the high road from now on at TTR and not let people get to me. They have their opinion, I have mine (and I'm always right! Just ask me, ha ha ha) and I try to keep the peace, but I won't keep my opinions to myself. We're adults. Get some money together. No reason to be unprepared for anything. No reason to be stranded either. That's what money on the side and credit cards are for. If one goes unprepared in life, it's gonna suck. And that's nobody's problem but theirs.

7. lee2442

lee2442 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2014
    there
    plenty actually....

8. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    I can't deny that you make some valid points @joseph1135 , also can't say that I (personally) disagree with them...but my point is, the company offers/promises these things; why not take advantage? But if you're offering to feed me (which I DO appreciate...even if I have all the money in the world), I would hope that it be something better than sending the Janitor to Safeway for lunch meat, and having them build sandwiches on the back of a toilet (of course this is an exaggeration).

And to @HorseShoe :
    That is twice you've made this accusation (first time I ignored it)...and it is twice that I have no clue what the hell you are talking about. I don't drive a governed truck...and don't recall ever saying I do?

9. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Thank you @White Dog. It's always caveat emptor- buyer beware. One last thing. If every other company is turning them down, that should not only tell them something about themselves, but that company. It's more than likely not going to be good. Carolina Cargo, Western Express, CRST have the reputations they do for a reason. Something to think about.

10. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    I'm from a different era and generation, when I was in grade school they would serve canned peas in the cafeteria. I hated canned peas. I would nudge the kid next to me an tell him "Yuck, I hate canned peas!"

Now I guess what the kids do is take a picture of the canned peas and post it on a social media site for the whole world to see and proclaim " see the dregs that are being fed to me by this school system somebody should do some thing about it. Fresh or at least frozen peas should only be served to students lest it stunt our minds and bodies!!

Sorry, I should have brought my camera to school:(

11. moneylong

moneylong Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2013
    florence al
    Happy feet !! If your are still facing issues which you will if you live the lifestyle you live call buel inc in sc.. I had no verifiable exp and 3 felonies and they put me in my own truck within 3 days and got 6200 miles every 10 days and at orientation pizza haha and pretty nice rooms...there not by no means the best but great starter companie.. This was a couple years ago and they were making changes for the better when I left..hope this helps​

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.