Whats the best for my taxes?

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Flattie C, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Flattie C

Flattie C Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Richmond
    Okay so I don't whats the best option for me when it comes to my taxes. Should I claim 0 or will put 1 and claim myself?

I live in Oklahoma state but I will do 48 and pretty much not gonna in oklahoma for a while. I'm doing my hometime to dif state all I have is PO Box address.

I'm single no kids. If I put 0 they will take a lot but also Im getting a lot back coz I will put all the expenses like food etc for travel coz my job? Do I still need to pay the whole 100% state tax knowing I dint spend my entire 365 days n my home state?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rex012

Rex012 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Yes you pay taxes to the state in which you reside. The whole 100% if you don't like it you can get with a company that has you on a 1099.other than that have kids but theres no way around it. As for dependants its up to you. You can claim yourself and get your money now or wait til the end of the year to get it back. Your call but i perfer it now so i claim my self and i never get nothing back i also have 0 dependants. Can't wait for my kid to be born lmfao

Flattie C Thanks this.
  4. Flattie C

Mar 26, 2016
    Richmond
    Coz I thought theres some state that would let you not pay the entire 100% state tax if you can prove u've been out pretty mucn the whole time. Also if I will claim myself do you think I will owe the IRS?

5. Rex012

Rex012 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014
    If you claim yourself you will owe money not much but you will when i was 21 o made 46k? And owed a total of 300. Ithink its state to state laws but I've never bothered I just pay. Playing with the IRS is never a good thing. Just pay your taxes or get a p.o box with a state with low taxes and claim it as a residence. You'll probably have to switch your license to that state too. I don't think its worth the hassle

6. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I'm single, no kids. Live in Indiana and I claim 7 dependents and usually get back about a $200 refund.
    Truck drivers have a lot of deductions., the per diem is the biggest, provided you can prove you have a residence in the off chance you ever get audited.

KriegHund and double yellow Thank this.
  7. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    A good CPA who knows the trucking business is money well spent. But, ask them questions to make sure they know and understand the trucking business.

8. justa_driver

justa_driver Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Tennessee
    Seven U.S. states currently don't have an income tax: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming. And residents of New Hampshire and Tennessee are also spared from handing over an extra chunk of their paycheck on April 15, though they do pay tax on dividends and income from investments.

Flattie C Thanks this.
  9. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Truth. I always claimed 6 as a single company driver and still had refunds...

KriegHund and tucker Thank this.
  10. Flattie C

Mar 26, 2016
    Richmond
    But the thing is i dont have any dependents. I cant just put numbers if i really dont have any. I called and claim myself. I will have to see if I will have to pay ton at the end of the year.

11. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    I put 1 and never own the feds but Illinois loves to take money. My refund is usually 1500-2000. They do take a lot of taxes but I get a nice check every year

Flattie C Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.