What's the best thing so far you have recieved from a shipper or receiver?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by bluebonn, Jun 23, 2011.

1. GoBlue487

GoBlue487 Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2009
    MI
    Nestle water, they sometimes put skids outside for the drivers to grab a case or 2 when its hot.

Another was a rejected skid of chicken noodle soup. One can was poked and had to get rid of the whole skid. I kept a few cases and pitched the rest.

Last was at a Keebler place. I was early for delivery and was waiting for other drivers to get unloaded. No big deal, when it was my turn the dock worker was apologizing for the hold up and got to me right away. I told him no problem that I was still ahead of schedule and after he got done he handed my a large trash bag full of all kinds of crackers and cookies.

bluebonn Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Keebler's are great to deal with. Also TJ Marzzetti in Columbus. Lots of times they will give the driver 1-2 cases of dressings as long as you are on the dock and joking around with them.

GoBlue487 Thanks this.
  4. bluebonn

bluebonn Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Texas
    I got soooo much pudding my side bins are full of it. Hoping to run by a terminal to share the wealth soon.:biggrin_25519:

5. I_HATE_MINIVANS

I_HATE_MINIVANS Heavy Load Member

This cookie factory in North Sioux City, SD gave me a whole bunch of boxes of Girl Scout cookies. I don't like them so I left them in the drivers lounge at my company's terminal.

6. Freebird135

Freebird135 Road Train Member

May 7, 2009
    In the air conditioning

you dont even like thin mints????????????

7. I_HATE_MINIVANS

Nope. There was one box that I liked, can't remember what they were, but I ate the whole box. The thin-mints, YEECHH! I left them in the drivers lounge with the rest of them.
    Oh, and I just remembered the name of that place. It was called "Inter-bake". I brought in a load of the plastic trays that go in each package that hold the cookies. Girl Scout cookies are made there at that place in North Sioux City, SD.

I ain't got nothin' against the Girl Scouts, but I just don't like them cookies!!

8. Polky55

Polky55 Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Galion, OH
    I delivered boxed 'brownie mixes' to some grocery warehouse in Wisconsin. I was a whole pallet full OVER on the count they ordered. (about 150-200 boxes). I called our claims dept. and believe it or not, they told me to "just dump the overages, as it's not cost effective to return to shipper"....so, I put them in my cab and took them home to share with friends and family.

9. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    :biggrin_25525: One time i took off from the winery from california, to chicago, got there they rejected the whole load, all the top's of the drums ,55 gallons drums had rust on top, so i had too dump that load in a warehouse there and dispacth said make it right, so i got a load of flour too new jersy, then a load of children books back, hum as they were loading the books i notice pallet after pallet with big carboard box on top, i ask why these out here, he said there damage and going too landfill, i ask if i could have some , sure, one was a moon type book, still had the sticker of 45 dollers on it, at the the time i had two grankids and i just loaded my truck with these free books, when i got home they had a blast, so that yuky trip to jersy was worth it by there smiles, anthor time i hauled new tide soap to the south, i got done unloaded, noticed a damage pallet, i asked if i could have a bottle , it was leaking all over, no problem ,my bottle was about empty, i swicth out, he said no, i said ok, got back into my truck, just sitting there kinda tired, i just help these guys unloaded my own trl, he comes back out with a dolly a case of those giant bottles of tide, i thought i screwed up on my count, noper he said just our way saying thanks for helping , i had lots soap now, butr those a few things i got from shippers and recs, and if you park next too a reefer they might feed you too as they got lots stuff too get rid of for there next load.:biggrin_255:

GoBlue487 and I_HATE_MINIVANS Thank this.
  10. I_HATE_MINIVANS

Tthis dude's got it figured out. Smiles on the grandchildrens' faces. Priceless. Irreplaceable. That's what life's really all about, aint it, people?

If life was a race, it wouldn't be won by the Ph.D's with all the wealth, power & influence. It would be won by those who have figured out the purpose of all this madness and chaos we call our world. Seeing the bright eyes of little children light up upon receiving a gift or the re-telling of a story they find exciting. That's what we're here for. That's what keeps us all going, isn't it?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
    severdsoul and Everett Thank this.
  11. Freebird135

Freebird135 Road Train Member

May 7, 2009
    In the air conditioning
    thin mints are the only ones i really like........hadnt had them in 10 years til about a month ago

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.