What's your turn around time usually?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by orcen, May 2, 2016.

1. jimbo47

jimbo47 Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2013
    southern MB
    3 days sitting at Acheson husky (no miles no pay),,,waiting for a load back to wpeg just before xmas one year ,new dispatcher held me from Tuesday night ,,, till Friday at 6pm.
    also same dispatcher sat me at home for a week after I refused a Quebec load from wpeg..back into yard peg on a Friday morning , got details for next weeks run.,(needed reset,1hr left out of 70) so nearly home 90mls from yard.dispatcher says urgent load for Quebec asap ,I tell him no hrs left need reset ...so he goes nuts..next call from safety guy ,I tell him check my logs ,,he does and agrees no can do .
    Anyway by the time I get home a message left saying next weeks run cancelled (was on milk run on LTL ,fort mac ,GP etc then same back around 20 ish P&Ds 95 % of the time that no one else wanted).
    phoned a few times but "that dk " says no runs available......so Friday around 6pm I phoned up and big boss answered ..asked if I was ok then I told him what was happening ,,,seems my run was still in the yard when he checked the board....was asked nicely to come in asap and get ere done and that he would sort this out .
    got a call from big boss on the Monday .."my friend" was asked to leave the company ,seems he was playing the board .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Speaking of transx Montreal westbound they have so much that they took over almost every maple leaf load going east out of Winnipeg .. The already cheap rates were cut by a third in a shipping wars style online bidding contest .. I guess it was more profitable to go east at a loss then sub out their Montreal stuff at a higher rate ... Ontario ditches will be full again next winter with the new guys pulling their stuff ... Probably won't last long the 5 or 6 loads a week we did the customers were calling us then freaking out when they found out transx was doing it now and 2 to 3 days late off the hop

jimbo47 Thanks this.
  4. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    Pattern Logistics in Abbotsford, BC is trying to stiff me on my check for the 1 run I did with them.

Laughable.

5. nickstick

nickstick Bobtail Member

May 26, 2015
    Burnaby BC
    Can am was good but had some silly rules. You could only put fuel in one tank so when you went from Edmonton to cold lake to grand prairie you would have to call in to get your shell card unlocked so you could put in 300 litres in grassland. But usually they forgot so you'd get there and couldn't fuel for a couple hours. Same thing would happen in Hinton. And it was nice to have a wash bay and someone wash your truck for you but to be told you have to get it washed was a little rediculous. Its not like they were paying me to sit for three hours while their forklift driver took his time loading me and now you want me to wait more so the truck can be washed? Never the less. Never waited for a load and never worried about not getting paid.

6. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    What the hell? You're talking about Can-Am West in Abbotsford?

That sounds like some rinky dink shady BS happening with the fuel... weird

7. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    Yes he is and it was to save weight and get up to max weight.

8. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    What a joke, can't they just get a $30 overweight permit, one more instance of the driver being ####ed in the ###.

9. nate980

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    How do you permit a divisible load... Lol they don't hand them out for loads of lumber.

10. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    What do you mean? You can get a term oversize or overweight permit....

11. nate980

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    There's no such thing as a term overweight permit. There's term oversize but if the loads reducible they don't apply. You can't be overweight with a load of lumber and try and get a permit, they'd tell you to take some off.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.