What's your turn around time usually?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by orcen, May 2, 2016.

1. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    3.4.3.B. Increase GVW In some instances, it is necessary for companies to purchase overweight permits to temporarily increase their vehicle’s GVW. In most cases, it is more beneficial, for economic reasons, to increase a vehicle’s licensed GVW rather than purchase overweight permits.

http://www.cvse.ca/ctpm/Chapter_3.pdf

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    Research reducible loads

4. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    It says it right there;

3.4 SINGLE TRIP OVERSIZE/OVERWEIGHT PERMITS The driver has accepted a load, reducible or not, that requires him/her to utilize a tridem semi-trailer.

The driver would require a temporary increase of GVW to 47,000 so he/she could transport the additional weight. The overweight permit would be based on an overload of 7,000 kg, the difference between the licensed GVW and the actual GVW.

Thus paying $30 for the temporary permit.

5. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    That's for increasing gvw. Not axle weights. It's for someone who usually pulls tridems and needs to pull a super b.

6. nickstick

nickstick Bobtail Member

May 26, 2015
    Burnaby BC
    The excuse I was giving was it helps prevent fuel theft. It was completely possible to do it like this but there was a few times I was sweating to make it to barriere. They only want you to fill up at chevron but will unlock shell in grass land and Hinton for a certain amount of fuel. That particular run i had left my truck running all night cause the espar wasnt working and then i skipped the fuel up from gp through hinton back down to the coast. Last time i did that. But it is a good company if you can look past some f the thinhs you have to wait for without pay such as waiting for their forklift drivers to load. I think that was a real kick in the face.

7. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    I just got back from Pattern Logistics in Abbotsford, BC, I quit there on May 3, legally they have 6 days to pay, their pay period was May 15, I just went in there and he told me straight up to get the money from the labour board and call his lawyer

This is Eric Krushel from Pattern Logistics in Abbotsford, BC

I recorded the whole thing and will be posting this video momentarily. I will not stand for this ######## from these bottom feeding companies any longer, we need to stand up and fight against these low ball companies before they kill the industry. I've fired off an email to CBC Go Public and they seem to be intererested in doing an investigation/story into the bottom feeding trucking world, but I think i'll need to edit my video before sending it to them because my language is off the hook.. Stay tuned for the video.

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  8. nickstick

nickstick Bobtail Member

May 26, 2015
    Burnaby BC
    This sounds like a good avenue to explore. I think everybody who has been ripped off from a bottom feeding company any should follow suit and inform CBC with more info on this situation. Its not an unreal situation to us drivers but if more people knew they might have sympathy and maybe just maybe things will be looked at differently. Also maybe bcta should be informed because that's where the news would go to get answers. I hope you get your pay and the company gets what's coming to em brotha.

orcen Thanks this.
  9. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia

Heres the video guys, LANGUAGE WARNING .. And seriously, That was me keeping my cool.

Follow my reddit thread as this plays out, I'm on the phone with the labor board right now. And CBC is going to do their own digging into it to see if my claims about the industry in general are true, they were VERY interested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Trucking/comments/4jsth7/so_who_has_always_wanted_to_do_this_shout_out_to/

I don't care if this tarnishes my name in trucking, I'm overseas in a few months anyway so have at it.

jimbo47 and gokiddogo Thank this.
  10. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia

Thanks man, your support is much appreciated

11. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.