Wheeler Trucking

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Mr&MrsPete, May 22, 2016.

1. Mr&MrsPete

Mr&MrsPete Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Stockton, CA
    Anyone know anything about these guys? I know they do medium duty truck transport around the country and they are looking for o/o near me

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    I know someone who knows them well. From what he says, they are the real deal. They took over the medium duty truck haul (lowboy, stacked) that Allied inherited when they bought Commercial Carriers (Ryder). Top shelf operation.

4. Karen O

Karen O Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Gilbert, AZ
    They're legit!!!

5. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    We have worked with them on and off since Rex got started after the Allied collapse, they are a solid company and Rex has a ton of contacts. BUT, as with everyone there are things they could do better, they just made some personal changes in their billing dept. that have made things much smoother.

I guess I would say the biggest issue is that you will always be competing against the company trucks, because as outsiders you are pretty much covering overflow, but as you well know that is pretty much everywhere.

Also, as with other places rates have taken a hit lately, but I think that has more to do with people/other companies going in and undercutting their contracts, at least that is what I am seeing.

We have hauled out of several of their yards, aren't you up by Sacramento? Also give Phil a call, he knows Rex better than I.

6. Mr&MrsPete

Mar 4, 2012
    Stockton, CA
    Thanks. Yes I' in the Sacramento area but Wheeler says they are looking for o/o's out of Bloomington and San Diego. I know they haul the Isuzu's out of National City. Im doing new cars now. Guess I am looking for a reason to buy that sun country. lol

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  7. KANSAS TRANSIT

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.

We were hauling the chassis out of SD for the last couple of years, but the guy we were dealing with is no longer there and for what ever reason the new guy hasn't called us much, of course their contract on the stuff I was hauling out to the midwest may have gone to someone else?

Seems like contracts and pricing on some of these ramps and yards has taking some violent swings? At least that is what we have seen........................

8. Mr&MrsPete

Mar 4, 2012
    Stockton, CA
    Talked to them yesterday and they seemed like real nice people. However I don't think its a right fit for me. Minimum 12 days out and no passengers. I think ill stick with my new car local/regional gig. Guess the Sun Country will have to wait until we get a contract with bigger vehicles that pay like bigger vehicles. lol

9. KANSAS TRANSIT

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    12 days out? What lane were they wanting you to run??

10. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    That's what website says. I know Avon lake had California turns

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  11. KANSAS TRANSIT

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.

Just read that, 12 days in for company drivers, under O/O's it says out 2/3 weeks and then 2/3 days home.

crb Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.