When to Sign a Log Sheet?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by LostinTransition, Jul 1, 2016.

1. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Wrong... it is even posted in this thread.

Post #19

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. keitht

keitht Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2012
    USA
    First - Where is this found??

Regarding when to sign your log book:

Question 24:When must a driver complete the signature/certification of the driver’s record of duty status?

Guidance: In general, the driver must sign the record of duty status immediately after all required entries have been made for the 24-hour period. However, if the driver is driving at the end of the24-hourperiod,he/she must sign during the next stop. A driver may also sign the record of duty status upon going off duty if he/she expects to remain off duty until the end of the 24-hour period.

Personally - as a roadside inspector, I really don't care when you sign your log book. The signature is supposed to declare that what you have written is true. But that really doesn't matter because ANY false entry in your log can generate a violation whether signed or not signed. So to me, it really doesn't matter. When I'm conducting an inspection and I see that your log book is signed and it's only 9 am in the morning, you won't receive a violation from me. If I look back and notice that you have never signed any of your log pages, I may go to the trouble of recording a violation.

However - keep in mind - I have seen numerous inspections over the years where officers / inspectors have noted a violation for signing your log too early. So it's a good practice to abide by the guidance above.
    So some officers are not as nice as me. LOL

ZVar, snowwy and not4hire Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.