Where Are You Continues, Again.....

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Giggles the Original, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Mechanic has been working underneath hood for a while...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Sounds like he's as clueless as kid in wrecker...sorry Rocks....:(

Rocks Thanks this.
  4. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Was told it was a starter failure... and have wrong, not recommended oil filters which may cause, eventually engine lock up and will not be covered by warranty.....
    My co. authorized replacement of starter but not the oil filters.... Mechanic is still working on it... and I'll be out of here tonight... Now just hope trailer is still there...

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  5. Dave 1960

Dave 1960 Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    If it's an Autoshift transmission the trouble could just be starting. ... just sayin. ...

Rocks Thanks this.
  6. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    No autoshift... this is straight 10 transmission.
    Freightliner finished service last night at midnight and I rushed to where trailer was... Thank God it was there and it was fine. Hooked to trailer and hit the road. Drove 3 hrs to shipper, did a drop and hook and was going to drive to co. warehouse in IN for delivery when truck got another problem... And now it sounds much worse... Ugly loud noise coming from engine when I turn ignition key on... :biggrin_2552:
    I am very tired... Will try to take a nap before calling co. folks again.... They will arrive at the office in about 3 hrs and I haven't slept since yesterday morning...
    I guess they will find another tow co. to take me to closest Freightliner, which will be in Columbus, OH... about 70 miles from here... Oh well... And I hope the engine is not locking up like the lady at that Frieightliner said...
    Gotta go now... You all have a great and safe day...

7. Dave 1960

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    I'm up studying for my fingerprint appointment.

Rocks Thanks this.
  8. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Yesterday was...not a day I wanna remember. So I went to bed after a shower almost immediately.

Nobody got hurt and the only thing that was damaged was my pride. Which isn't so terrible in the grand scheme of things but my pride took a pretty severe beating.

Dispatch told me this morning I wasn't headed for Florida anymore, but now I'm headed to Gretna, la. Guess they want me to pull down another power line? :p

Have been parked at forest park, was so tired after yesterday the fact that I am bobtailing didn't mess with my sleep at all. Guess I best get to moving, though La doesn't drop until 6am cst tomorrow.

9. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Ms. Rocks, keep on those freightliner people. Anytime I go they have a bad habit of taking forever and not telling people what they are doing.

Whoops! Just called dispatch to confirm my load. Turns out it's an emergency run. The driver that was to take it never showed. Best get to moving a little faster then I guess.

Rocks Thanks this.
  10. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    Dunn, NC..

Cracker Head Barrel.... :)

11. Dave 1960

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    Trying to get a money order to pay for fingerprinted.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.