Where Are You Continues, Again.....

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Giggles the Original, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Dave 1960

Dave 1960 Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    Absolute worst places I ever went was water warehouses. I had a 5 day. Nothing earthshatering but the worst was at least $22. Sure beat the stuffing out of yesterday!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Albert Lea MN heading to Texas. Little bit of light snow today but no biggie. Get to thaw out.

4. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    At a hotel in OKC across from my company...

[​IMG]

Truck went to Freightliner nearby for repair... they will find out what is causing the EEC 61 code...
    Don't know how long it will stay there... So, I brought a bunch of stuff with me here... Food, cooler, electric pot, this and that... Cooked some food... Chilling some now... :biggrin_25519:

5. Dave 1960

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    Once more into the breach for this week.
    I don't want to be awake. Can't you make it stop?

6. Dave 1960

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    3 and an aborted 4th. Spent an hour trying to get something that Ireland hasn't sent clearance for.
    Would have had a 5th but fuel became scarce.

7. Dave 1960

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    4 and brought 2 more home. First was Argo to Occidental Chemical. Was one pallet but they added a second one. Went to two different entrances to the same plant. Made a second ticket for the second drop. Sincerely hope I get payed for two.

Then to World Wide Pipe in Pasadena for a 508# pallet.
    After that the office where I knew the check would not be great and sure enough I got all of $150.
    It went to SDV. As it was a full size pallet if I didn't drop it first it would have caused trouble later.
    Therein lied the problem for later.

Grabbed a 198# 24x24x22 pallet at Oteco going to Oceanex. Got to and out of Oceanex ok. Got almost 26 gallons of fuel for $40. Makes a difference when the price is $1.559.

Got a 1# carton at Fox Con that goes to SV Logis.
    Got a 217# pallet at Filtration Technology going to SDV.
    Tried and failed to get the Filtration dropped at SDV.

Will drop the carton and then the pallet in the morning.
    Spent $20 of my fuel money on dogfood.
    Came home to Salad and Potato soup. Yummy!

8. radioshark

Nov 19, 2012
    Parked at the shipper in Tulsa load in the morn8ng going to Aurora CO. Arrived today to deliver and got there 33 minutes prior to my appt. They made me leave and come back because I was more than 30 minutes early.

9. Dave 1960

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    Dropped the two this morning. When I got to where the carton 1# goes they weren't open. So went and dropped SDV. Then went and dropped SV Logis.
    Then I got pu at FMC Hardy. Was a 205# pallet. PU Suhm Spring about 2 miles from SDV. Carton 14#. Dropped those at SDV. Started lunch. He sent pu Romar Oilfield for SV Logis. Pu Southwest Oilfield for Oceanex. Pu Fox Con for SV Logis. 2 pallets and a carton.
    Got Romar a pallet 540#. Went to Southwest Oilfield expecting a pallet but instead got a carton. Leaving a pallet at Fox Con. It was in fact two pallets but half length. Got them on and everything secure. Got 2/3 of the way to SV Logis and it began raining. I covered them the best I could and the guy hustled to unload.
    Roland had left leaving Traci to dispatch. She said thanks and have a nice evening. Started for home 4:30. Got hot dog buns and milk. About to have said hot dogs.

10. radioshark

Nov 19, 2012
    Got loaded 3 hours before my pick up appt. Goodland KS for the night heading to Aurora Co 180 miles left.

11. Dave 1960

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    Good grief. I even dream about hot shot.
    Not sure where we were. We were looking at a ticket that had been made out. It looked like English but we couldn't tell where it picked up or delivered. Not even what states.
    It isn't any wonder why Les picked it up, looked at it, dropped it and walked away..

Up for another excursion in the wacky world of hot shot.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.