Where do I get a HID conversion kit for a 2007 Volvo VN780

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by mrktwiz, Apr 23, 2011.

1. DonJuan360

DonJuan360 Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    New Jersey
    I tried one kit and after a few days one light went out ...so did u have this experience ? Also are the ballast slim ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. v6killer

v6killer Medium Load Member

Dec 6, 2010
    ChicagoLand
    Hi, REVAN & PUMKIE

This is the web site at eBay where I bought the kit in question, The HID'S work great, On the road it lights up everything in your path, and also lights up any reflectors about an mile down the road, even some of the drivers on the road are asking about the lights. They are an BIG Improvement over the stock lighting system.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/32071738168...tem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OU:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

4. Magnum1

Magnum1 Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2010
    NJ
    Ok, here it goes. To all who say that hid is bad and you can not see at night. To all who say that you'll get the CEL/similar with the hid. Plus, others. = you're wrong. 98% . I sell hid kits. I install hid kits. I also
    Advice not to buy anything under $150 and above $300. Under $150 the quality is not there, over $300 is overpriced. Talking from personal experience here ; have two of my own cars, in which hid is installed as the low beam. One of my car's uses the same bulb for the
    High and low beams bi's. - this car has the wiring harness and the kits are more expensive for this type of the set up. My Honda motorcycle has hid kit. My brothers acura has original crappy hid kit, which is going out soon. My fog lights have the hid kit. Now, my rig has the hid kit. Installed them all my self. Sell them too. Now, the brightness of the hid bulb will Be dependent on the kalvin temp of the light , not to be mistaken with the C or F temperature. Hid can be installed into any headlight that has the removable bulb. I have the 2007 Volvo vnl780 with the hid kit and had no need to go to the dealer to pay them for the reprograming truck's computer. That's another reason why the price was quated at the higher number. Kit carries 3 year warranty. Hid's work fine in the Projected or halogen headlights.

5. DonJuan360

Nov 12, 2011
    New Jersey
    Sell me one for my 2005 VN630 ... 5k bulb

6. Magnum1

Magnum1 Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2010
    NJ
    I do not carry the 5k. Only 4300k or 6000k, I sell others as well, just nothing in between 4300k and 6000k. 4300k will give you the most brightness without going to the brighter but yellow 3000k. - fog light application where I would recommend these. Now, 6000 give off bluish tint and look cool but, they are easy to spot as non oem and they are somewhat blinding. Plus, the light output is not as high as 4300k. 4300k is white light, not yellow or blue. If you provide me your email address I can send you some pictures of my lights being on. I'm currently parked outside of the Atlanta Georgia and will be home in one week.

The kits that I carried before had 5k option and offered lifetime warranty. However, they burned out 3 times in 1 year in one of my cars. Vs these, which I only sell, still good after 2 years
    And carry 3 year warranty. But, costs more. So, I do not use the supplier with the lifetime warranty. In my opinion, I'd rather pay the higher premium and have less headaches, not replacing vs replacing kits 3 or so times a year.

7. DonJuan360

Nov 12, 2011
    New Jersey
    4300 is fine I will pm u

8. armnaleg

armnaleg Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2013

Hello! I have a 2007 Volvo 780. I want to see what all i need to get so that i can make my headlights HID. My headlights are just the normal kind that came with the car. They are all fogged up and in bad shape. Can you please tell me all of the things I will need inorder to have the hid lights on my truck and all the things i must do. If you can please email me at armnaleg@live.com I would be interested in buying what i need from you then. Thank you very much for your time and i look forward to speaking with you soon! take care.

9. 05vnl670

05vnl670 Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
  10. The_Judge

The_Judge Light Load Member

May 25, 2008
    Montreal, Quebec
    The attachments won't open or are broken.

11. Slow302

Slow302 Medium Load Member

Jul 12, 2013
    MO
    Its not worth it. Mine last about 80k miles. Than i hat to replace hid bulb/bulbs amp. Its time cosuming . They looks nice but man they are pain in #####. I had then even on fog lights but same thing. They will last on cars lifetime but on our semis not very long since we use lights alot

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.