Where do these hot shots get their loads?

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by sal, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Truckindj

Truckindj Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Sioux Falls,S.D
    im a flatbed broker and i hate hot shots they expect the same rate as a big truck.it seems hot shots are more popular in texas

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Why not?
    At least they are not under cutting with lower charges.

A licensed hot shotter would have to have the same authority as you and carry the same insurance. Believe it or not, the insurance is not quite as high on the power unit, but the freight insurance is the same.

4. Highballin

Highballin Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Cleveland Texas
    Yea and some of those Hot Shot trucks cost all most as much as a class 8,truck.

5. Big Dog

Big Dog Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Sarasota,Fl.
    Why shouldn't a smart o/o, who has looked at the industry, make money? If I spec a truck and trailer, to do certain things why shouldn't I get paid for what they can do? So what if I can't haul the over abundance of the 40k plus loads out there, freight pays, not weight!
    If I can put 11' high freight on my trailer, good for me. Had one customer, they had two loads 16'x11' cylinders. Posted as needind two double drops, I called the agent, told her I could both on my trailer. She asked how much I wanted, told her 76% of the total on both loads. Customer agreed, one truck, one set of permits, one delivery time for the crane.
    I had my trailer built with container locks for 2 twenty footers, 1 fourty, or a heavy twenty. I can load a container faster and easier than a plain old step deck who most likely has a 38' lower deck.
    I'm on my sixth tractor, it's a class 7. Each one is better spec'd than the one before it. This one has a 120" sleeper, if your gonna truck, do it with the comforts of home behind you. The increased lenght caused me to have to add a tag axle, to save on the tickets for being over on the drive axle. But it also means if a 38-40k load post up and there is nothing else around I can scale it. I don't register for it, but who looks at your gross, before they look at our axle weights.

6. Dodgesenn27

Dodgesenn27 Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2015
    I need a broker for my new truck and trailer please contact me at 719 359 1791 my name is Mark and I live in dallas tx.looking for anyone that can point me in the right direction

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.