Where do you park your truck during off days?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Matts28, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Matts28

Matts28 Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2016
    Virginia
    I have been looking at a few companies since I'm still in school. A few of them say "provide the address where your truck will parked". That's all well and good, but I live in a townhouse. I'm pretty sure they wont allow me to park a truck and 53' trailer there. Where do you guys park when (if) you get home?

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Go find a local dirt pit. Ask them if you can leave a rig there. Might want to find out if there is a night guard that is there to watch over their trucks as well. Dirt contractors are usually sympathetic to truckers. So look in your yellow pages of whom does construction. Also if there are any truck shops in the area. Truck shops like to have companies park rigs on their premises. It usually helps attract attention to them from other truckers. Plus if you need repairs they may cut you a deal as you park there. Otherwise find a nearby Walmart or even a Home Depot. Usually they wont mind if you park it there for 48 hours.

Dominick253 and oldtrucker66 Thank this.
  4. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I park mine at one of the truckstops that are about 15 miles away. I have Petro, Flying J, and T/A all available so always a spot. Lately I've found a couple places a few miles away in a very quiet industrial area and that has worked out fine.
    I remember when I was starting and reading the same thing and when i talked to my driver manager, they just suggested the truckstops since we have no drop lots in San Antonio.

Dominick253 and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  5. Matts28

Matts28 Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2016
    Virginia
    Thanks folks!

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  6. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    Wherever you decide to dump your truck PLEASE make sure you have permission from the owner of the lot

7. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    I drop mine at a construction company, have to pay monthly but that's fine, camaras and right next to my parents house so I visit them everytime i go home

8. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    When I ran a tank wagon fueling up everything imaginable, I was surprised how many places let truck drivers park their rigs on their lot for a small fee. Sometimes you just have to drive around and look.

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  9. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    Beside my house. Only got one ticket but my lawyer had that dropped :)

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  10. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    And what about the driver you just took that spot from......while you set at home

Mudguppy and Canned Spam Thank this.
  11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Call around to local towing companies that might have a big secured lot. Do a "truck parking" or "Trailer Drop" Google search if you're in a larger metro area. Or just plain drive around and find something that looks promising and check with the property owner and see if something can be worked out.

Also check with some storage unit rental places that might have a large lot available for RV's and trailers and such. Secured access that is reasonably paid for is good. But make sure it's accessible 24/7

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.