Where is everyone currently at?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Haystak88, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Haystak88

Haystak88 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    I'm back in Florida, I left about two months ago. Of course now they are back to being busy. I'm referring to Coastal Plains out of the Monahans and Jal yards. I also talked to my former boss and a co-worker who are in Kenedy, working for C&J Energy hauling water and they say they have been averaging 130-160 loads a day. My point is most places and people seem to be saying the oilfield is dead, but two different companies I have worked for previously are busy as hell. I'm curious to see how everyone else is doing and to learn the specifics of where they are, who they are working for and so on. So, where and who are you working with and what kind of hours and money are you making? I think this could help a lot of people looking to come back or looking to come for the first time.

gdyupgal and tompetty69 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. belowspeedlimit

belowspeedlimit Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Oil country
    Oilfield is dead. Anyone working is holding on tight and for a much reduced rate. The money isn't what it was. But still a job.

4. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    They are busy right now. Check back in 2 weeks, and they'll be dead. Sand haulers will haul like madmen for 2-3 weeks, and then haul like 2 loads/week for a month straight. Oil is barely hanging on at $40/bbl. The field is bust and isn't coming back any time soon.

5. Haystak88

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    When I left I was at $25 and still getting at least 60 hours a week. All my buddies still there are making that or more and back to 70 hours. How is that holding on at a reduced rate?

6. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    Sounds to me like you shouldn't have left. I would have loved that pay and hours. I left the oilfield because I went from making $1500/wk to around $300/wk.

7. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I haul sand. As was stated, the rates are down, but we have stayed busy. Just have to work harder for that paycheck. The goal is to survive until the next boom.

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  8. Wymon

Wymon Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2013
    NE Wyoming-I do winch truck and heavy haul. To get the hours I fill in as a field mechanic. Doing OK, but as you said it takes more hustle these days.

9. Ben Gunn

Ben Gunn Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Forgotten Coast
    I'm still running a pump truck in Midland. I make a dollar less per hour than before but I'm still getting 65-70 hours per week. We're down to 7 drivers in my yard and the vac truck drivers are hit and miss. Our Odessa yard is still pretty busy from what I hear.

10. tompetty69

tompetty69 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    TX Panhandle
    I am sitting at the house with a crude trailer since the first of November. Still leased to a company but no loads. With the slowdown, most companies are able to handle the oil with their company trucks and don't need third party carriers. I have about decided I would go to Hobbs if I could find something, but not desperate enough to go to Pecos or Carlsbad yet, or to slip seat in some junky company truck. I have seen a few sand deals which claim they can keep you busy, but at this point, I don't even want to invest in a blower. But I do think sand hauling will pickup before oil hauling as there are quite a few wells that are not completed in this part of the country. There are some sweet deals right now on both sand and crude trailers if you had something to do with them.

11. Haystak88

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    I definitely regret coming home. I will say Coastal Plains did everything in their power to keep drivers busy as opposed to laying them off. I've honestly never seen that type of commitment from a company before. I'm talking pairing drivers up daily, on both shifts for over a month. Like I said they are back to being busy and I don't believe they ever laid anyone off. Kind of impressive if you think about it. I've always either done crude or water and know nothing about sand. Thanks for all the replies, hopefully it keeps going.

gdyupgal Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.