Where is my Bell + Howell Tac Light ?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    So after breaking my latest Mag Light I have decided that it was time for a change. So one day I was manufacturing some pizza in my kitchen and I saw an infomercial on cable TV. Now usually some commercials I don't pay attention, to, but infomercials you know the one-two minute one's that are like "Are your eggs sticking to your pots and pans?" Usually when I hear those I go "Well,not this minute, but they have before that is a common problem, why what do you have?"

So I saw this infomercial for the Bell and Howell Tac Light. I'm sure some of you have seen it and I saw the infomercial and I thought you know what I could use that I'm going to buy it I use it to do my pre-trip inspection in the dark morning hours. Well I placed my order a month ago and am still waiting actually I called Bell and Howell and they said that all the Tac-Lights are on back order. I suppose if I was more savvy I could have just went to the gun store and bought a Tac-Light, but I didn't think of that. Anyhow I am excited to get my Tac-Light I guess they have to wait for China to make more of them. Will see how it works and if it does as good as the commercial says.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    You must work hard to break your Maglite! Either that, or they are now making them cheaper than they used to.

rabbiporkchop and Pintlehook Thank this.
  4. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Right! I still have a old bulb style mag that takes many many D cell batteries!

5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Which not only lights well, but is a decent weapon of self defense, should that be needed.

Pintlehook and street beater Thank this.
  6. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    The metal shells fine it needs a new bulb. The other Mag Light I have it just blows through batteries.

7. street beater

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    You can get a l.e.d. conversion insert

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I had a Kel lite that used to do that eating batteries bit! Never had the problem with the Mag lite. I liked the spare lamp storage in the end cap with both brands.
    My last agency put rechargeable flashlights in all the units. But working the low desert the heat just destroyed those rechargeable batteries. Never bothered my old five cell Mag though. Also used to carry a Mini-Mag on the belt, for those daytime surprises where you find you need a light, but the big one is back in the radio car. They also doubled as a Kubaton.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  9. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I've heard that those won't take the abuse a regular bulb will, but have no first hand experience with them.

10. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Hilarious.

Next time you come to town we'll go to Late Night Slice. They manufacture some #### good pie.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  11. street beater

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Me nither, still have the oem bulb in, and the D's are at least 5 years old, just looked, still bright, no corrosion

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.