Where to buy a CB

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Don2WS, Feb 26, 2011.

1. IDIeselman

IDIeselman Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Ludington on the Lake
    I don't think it's Doug bashing, More like Mike and Tim bashing. :biggrin_25523:

"When testing, If the results differ from the theory, Believe the results and invent a new theory!" :yes2557:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. usmc041127

usmc041127 Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Jefferson City Missouri
    I have heard and seen what Dougs radios will do. Thats enough for me. Its their loss not mine. He is the only one that will touch any of my radios. My old stryker 447 sounded almost like I was setting next to the person I was talking to roughly 10 miles away. He too had another of Doug radios. His was a galaxy and we both had RK56 mics and wilson 1000 Mag mounts for antennas.

4. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    I'm not bashing anyone but a 2 to 120 watt swing is a lot of DB's for a final to handle ..... LINEAR .....

5. don2826

don2826 Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2011
    cumberland, ky
    cq .. To all the armature operators ...
    what freq do you operate and what times??

6. josh.c

josh.c Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Knoxville, Tn
    I'll admit, I didn't watch the whole thing, my internet access is really slow where I was when I posted earlier, and slower here. I did see enough that it didn't look like he was going show what it looked like on a scope, just his meter. You can make a modulation meter show anything you want, just like a watt meter.

IDI, I can believe that your radio isn't bleeding over if you have the mic gain cut back halfway, you're using that to cut your modulation back. I'm not bashing the guy, he obviously takes time to make sure that his stuff works for the long run-just not my cup of tea. For what he charges to put one of those things in you can buy a real amplifier and have a more versatile setup. I've got a 2x2879 Texas Star that I rarely ever use, but it's there if I need it, and I never have a problem talking to anyone I can hear. To each his own though.

7. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    MODULATION UNDER 100% ......

What did he gain ?????

8. Xcis

Xcis Medium Load Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Bridgeport, Pa
    When this tread started, the original poster asked where to purchase a cb radio. In that vein, I went to a Pilot truckstop on March 5th 2011. They had the following three cb radios on sale.
    . $30 for a compact Midland 1001Z
    . $70 for a Cobra 25 Classic
    . $80 for a Cobra 29 Classic
    If anyone is looking to buy a cb radio, you can save a few dollars buying one of these on sale. Not sure if this sale is for March 2011 or if the sale will also continue into April 2011.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.