WHICH ARE YOU NUMBERS AS OWNER OPERATOR?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by THONY05, Nov 3, 2015.

1. THONY05

THONY05 Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Which are you number of the loads you getting and for who you are hauling???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Any other requests?

Starboyjim Thanks this.
  4. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Are you asking about leased O/Os?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  5. THONY05

THONY05 Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Yes, leased O/O. I just driver for a company now and want to see like how much I would be available to make as a O/O.

Thank you

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    truckon Thanks this.
  6. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    There are way to many factors and variables for any of us to give you actual numbers. For one thing it sounds like you are a company driver right now. If you buy a used truck you have to set more money aside for repairs. With a new truck you will pay more initially but should save on repairs. You will also pay more for insurance with a new truck but you should save a lot on fuel.

With all that (I did not scratch the surface) before you can ask how much you can make you need to know how much you will spend. Then you need to figure out a plan for you to make more then you spend. But don't ask us because we all have different "numbers"

Good luck.

7. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

Its actually a valid question, hes really just asking which of the car hauling companies are busy in the northeast right now.

8. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    Yes once I noticed it was the car hauling section I looked at it different. But it was time for me to start driving so I didn't get back to edit it in time. Had I noticed the section I would have kept my big mouth shut as I'll be the first to tell you I know nothing about that side of trucking.

9. THONY05

THONY05 Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Yes that is what I try to ask what company is busy at this moment. Thanks truckon

truckon Thanks this.
  10. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    O/O's and a majority of drivers look at the situation as a competition. The more they tell you, the greater the chance you'll be out there getting in line for their loads. Don't look for a lot of specifics. At least, not very accurate specifics. One thing sure. If you want to be an owner operator, get some money behind you and get ready to work a lot harder, take a lot more risk, and generally be a lot tougher. One more thing, a new truck will have a fun and reassuring warranty - for repairs. What is not fun and reassuring is the fact that while your truck is enjoying the warranty repairs, you won't be enjoying the time sitting in a motel room or truckers lounge waiting to get rolling. Best to you.

11. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    From a business standpoint, it doesn't make good sense to tell others what makes your company thrive. If you do things a certain way, use certain brokers, haul for certain companies, etc., and then tell someone else what you are doing, well, that person goes from being competition to being a DIRECT COMPETITOR. And thus, a threat to your livelihood.

truckon Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.