which one is a beter company Western Express or werner?

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by dweedle, Oct 23, 2011.

1. bhunt31

bhunt31 Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2012
    I have to say. So far I'm impressed with what I see from this company. They let me bring a load from Canton, Ohio to Brazil, Indiana where my house is because the po got screwed up at my drop in Canton and was going to be after Christmas before it got fixed. I expected to sit there and miss Christmas with my wife and kids, but they told me to bring it home. What a shock that was. I think I might like it here. Now off to see the Blizzard.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jazzleader

jazzleader Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2012
    U R lucky, Been there since Aug but da opposite I was given a p/u fm PA 2 a Home Depot in NJ but was switched after d/l'ing garbage fm L.I. to Ohio & sent me fm WV 2 Wisc. & fm IN 2 TX, Fm TX 2 LA fm there 2 FL & da d/l is not till Thurs....Missed Xmas & last night New Years w/my family.....U were lucky they had enough fools like me 2 cover da important lds nr da midwest...I live in NJ da Home Depot would've took me home...Believe me it won't last 4 long, They don't listen 2 drivers all da time & payroll does'nt always want 2 go over why U did'nt get pd 4 certain lds & extras...So enjoy ur holidays while U can because it's not gonna last 4 long!!!!

4. bhunt31

bhunt31 Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Ok I have to eat crow on this one. Western is the ABSOLUTE WORST company I've ever worked for in my 14 year career. I called it quits today after a month with them. I'm going to stick to the facts and leave the emotion out of it. Dispatchers ignore you constantly. I was with them for a month and saw 20 hours of hometime in that month excluding christmas which I was home for 45 hrs for. Miles ranged from 665 to 1800 a week. I got 2 paychecks in that month. Neither was right. Delany carter at nashville ripped me up one side and down the other and told me she wouldn't help me because I mustve Messed up when come to find out it was a transflo/billing issue. The lady in billing was super nice though. I guess that's all I have for now. If I have anything else to add ill repost later

5. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Takes a big man to Amit he was wrong. Hope you can find something better.

6. bhunt31

bhunt31 Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2012
    I've never had too much problem owning up to my responsibilities or problems. I'm sure ill find something shortly. I'm looking at another company real close as we speak.

7. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    You do boxes or flats?

8. dweedle

dweedle Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Lehigh Valley,Pa
    He me must be flatbed.... van side does not sit much unless freight is slow, but still do not sit that much. let me see here 1 month 20 hrs home time except for Christmas, which was 45 hrs.. do the math 65 hrs home time. You were not NE regional where they get drivers home almost every weekend for a 34.........and let me guess they rushed you through orientation in Nashville. when it comes to payroll go to that dept not your dm. as far as miles thats where your dm comes in.

9. bhunt31

bhunt31 Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2012
    You can make excuses for the company all you want. I found out all I needed to know the day I left. Not company I want to keep. Wanna get technical about it? Yeah I went home for christmas but what kind of worthless scumbag makes a guy spend christmas away from his family and has the audacity to count it as his regular hometime? I dealt with payroll on the payroll issue. They're worthless too. They just made a friend of mine a trainer 3 days after he got out of training himself. Don't you worry though they charged him the $200 a week leaving him with $122 a week to live on for the last 6 weeks...even though the federal government pays them to hire and train people. They still gotta have that extra $1200. If half the drivers out here knew how the logistics and operational side of this industry worked there wouldn't be companies like this around anymore. Noone would even think about driving for them. So you go ahead and think you're in good company. There's a reason they're taking 6 to 10 drivers a day to the bus stop to go home after they turn their truck in and shipping 20 to 30 newbies in the door every couple of days. Have fun...I'm too good to keep company with the likes of this organization.

10. bhunt31

bhunt31 Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2012
    I was van division and yeah...they do sit. Mainly because of operational communication failures and operations personnel not wanting to do their job. 5 messages in 3 hours to get 1 number to get an empty trailer. Still never got the number that night. Had to burn the load before anyone remembered I existed. The list goes on and on and on.

11. dweedle

dweedle Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Lehigh Valley,Pa
    you didn't come through my orientation other wise you would have known the macros to use to keep running...... like 62,24,22,7,10,1,2,5,6....... I teach from my experience as a driver... and you probably did not run out of Nazareth..............

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.