which trucking software should I get

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by manmeet1, Apr 29, 2013.

1. sundy58

sundy58 Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Lenexa, KS
    What about Kevin Rutherford and My Gauges?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. manmeet1

manmeet1 Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Thx guys great help

4. jimmcarie

jimmcarie Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2016
    I have been using Trucklogics, a truck business management software for the past two weeks and felt in love using it .

There are several features offered like dispatch, inovice & billing, profit & loss Detail Reports, trip document library and many more which helped me to track all my essential ones like dispatches, trip logs,expenses and invoices. You could also try it out and they offer free trial for 15 days.

5. bottomhoppercrew

bottomhoppercrew Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2016
    I've used LibreOffice before. I can't speak for the Mac or Windows version, but I have had problems with the Linux version. Year before last I sold about 100 loads of corn to a feed lot. I used LibreOffice to bill him out. I spent about a day typing in all the data from the hard tickets. Driver, moisture, ticket number, shrink, total bushels, etc. I used one of the functions to look at load by bushel or date or something. When I did that it messed up all my data. For example ticket numbers were wrong. Bushels were wrong (had two straight trucks and two semis - not gonna get 1200 bushel on a dual axle straight truck). Wasn't a big deal with the feed lot (his numbers were very close to mine), but I went through a crop insurance audit that year. They needed all the info to be accurate. So I had to go through every #### ticket again and correct the statement. Another problem I've had with LibreOffice is when I open something I saved a lot of times it will say something like "file damaged". I hit "start recovery", and every time it has the data.

6. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    A free google account with G drive is all I use for trips, mileage, receipts, storage, etc. They provide simple to use spreadsheets and docs.

I have Quickbooks Pro 2015 for banking purposes and that's it. More than enough for a small 1 man operation.

7. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    I would be cautious of some software. Some are moving toward storing your data in the cloud and charging a monthly fee. I would never trust any software company to store my personal of business information. I also don't want to have to pay a monthly fee.

1johnb and DsquareD Thank this.
  8. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    I have been using Trucknpro for a number of years. I downloaded the new version for owner operators, but have not keyed in any of my records, yet. I was using the Biz Manager version last year when it first came out and have been pleased with the results. One feature that I like about their programs is that you can download and try them for a couple of weeks before deciding whether you want to buy it or not. I looked a most of the programs available over the years, but find that Trucknpro works well for me. I am anxious to see how I like the Owner Operator program that just came out. I may stick with the Biz Manager program or use the Owner Operator version. I would like to know if anyone else has tried the new program and how you like it, especially if you have use their other programs.

9. kw600

kw600 Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    everywhere,usa
    Intuit online keeps track of everythinf and works well. Just make sure you type it in correctly.

10. 1johnb

1johnb Medium Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    New Paris Ohio
    I have both, I still prefer the old version over the owner operator. Some of it is the fact that I am used to the business manager version.
    The only real problem I have with O/O version is all vendors have to be entered by phone number.
    Either is worth the money and would serve most anyone well. Check out the videos and download it for free, try it out for 30 days. It can do most anything you need. Plus Ray White has always been great for customer service and satisfaction.

11. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    use the phone number, at first. But I have since begun to like it. There can be more than one business with the same name, but phone numbers are unique.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.