Who designed pilot layout

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by thejackal, Feb 2, 2016.

1. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Maybe it's just me... I never seen a new Pilot. They always buy out some crappy and creepy mom and pop station. Or buy out some small gas station and call it a a travel center. ... pilot sucks!!!!! 10 spots 50 trucks parking there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Agreed. I won't use a toilet at a Pilot unless I have a shower to redeem and use the one in there
    The Pilot in Vega is new, went up a few months ago. Same with the Love's at the 149 in ABQ, opened 2-3 months ago. Both are nice...

I only park at Pilot on the rare occasion that I don't feel like editing my log book to go further or I absolutely have no other choice which is maybe once a year

4. toymaker

toymaker Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
  5. iceman32

iceman32 Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2014
    The pilot on I81, Clear Brooks, VA. We need to file a petition to the church so that they can send out some exorcists to that place and rid it with the demons that inhabit it.
    "Drivers if your done fueling, get out or we will call the police"- Satans Voice in the intercom.

They are not joking with the cops also.

mjd4277 and BoazTrucker Thank this.
  6. Slowpoke KW

Slowpoke KW Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2015
    OK
    Pilot is from Tennessee
    Loves is from Oklahoma
    The lousiest ones are generally the older ones some were probably designed before 53' trailers

7. taxihacker66

taxihacker66 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
    Nope.... his other brother named Darryl!

8. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I much prefer parking at a Rest Area... The walk to/from the bathrooms is much nicer than across the lot at a Truck Stop... And even enjoy a nice walk around the next morning too.

Everything I need except a shower which I will grab mid day after fueling and plenty of pull through parking after the night crowd rolls out.

taxihacker66 Thanks this.
  9. ErikN

ErikN Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2014
    Washington state
    And no coffee eggs and bacon.

I require coffee eggs and bacon to start the day, so rest stops were only a last resort for me

10. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Ok... That's your call of course but I can have coffee, eggs, and bacon in my truck so it's all good for me... Only thing missing at a rest area, for me, is fuel and shower which I can do midday when the truck stops have much more parking and ease of parking too.

But to each their own...

Be Safe Driver... No matter where you park.

11. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Pilot has evolved from a fuel stop(no store, Coke machine only) with almost no parking (Knoxville TN 1976 was my first) to the present format. The attendant tried to cheat me out of $25 worth of fuel there, by leaving the nozzle on the ground and not resetting the pump. I have done as little business as possible with them ever since.
    Combined with their aggressive marketing to entry level mega carriers, their parking lots are downright dangerous to deal with under the best of circumstances.

Bean Jr. and DTP Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.