Who wears a Trucker Jacket?

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by camionneur, Oct 18, 2016.

1. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Not sure exactly when it became known as the Trucker Jacket, reading different statements about these...

"In 1962, the 557XX or Trucker Jacket was released. It featured the two breast pockets with the pointed pocket flaps and most closely resembles the modern Levi’s jean jacket."

"Originally, Levi’s only made the jacket out of rigid raw denim, which allowed for you to truly 'make it your own' as the jacket broke in and faded with each wear. It wasn’t long before the image of a well-worn Type Three was placed right up there with apple pie and John Wayne as something that just oozed Americana. However, it took a group of Japanese collectors, armed with an obsessive approach to American style, to transform the Type Three into a legend when they came up with the jacket’s common moniker: the Trucker. These Americana aficionados from overseas were the first to notice that truckers were actually wearing in the Type Threes the best because they were putting their jackets through hell out on the road, and they actually come out looking better for it. Today, that spirit continues, as the rough-and-tumble personalization of a Type Three is as elemental as the design itself."

[​IMG]

Got the Wrangler 'rugged wear' jacket myself, tall sized for extra range of motion (the modern Levi's one seems to be tailored for Japanese people, oddly enough). Levi's does officially call it "The Trucker", as seen in their evolution of the trucker jacket, loosely based there (if not fit, as it were).

Some call it a Canadian tuxedo, when worn along with jeans, or a Texan tuxedo if they're the same color. Well, maybe you've gotta wear Long Haul pants for the trucker tuxedo (oh yeah, that faded corduroy butt oozes Americana)! Haha, don't forget the Trucker Hat...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

What in the princess fairy hell is going on here?

4. #1don

#1don Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    somewhere down south
    LOL...LOL... I just spit my coffee all over the windshield with all the years I have been out here I have never heard of such a thing. a "TRUCKERS JACKET" dear God help us were do people come up with such crap? Don't forget the cowboy boots and your 20 pound belt buckle. And your cowboy hat along with your chain drive wallet. Cut off sleeves denim shirt. Sounds like the kind of #### you see in the movies.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2016
    Reason for edit: Skirting profanity filter
  5. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    That doesn't look like it would go well with track pants and flip flops.

6. #1don

#1don Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    somewhere down south
    Or my blue parrot telephone operator headset

7. Blackshack46

@#1don
    I googled trucker attire, see below what we wear.

images.jpg trucker-diet.jpg 28truckers01-650.jpg irt_lisakelly_5.jpg truck-drivers-salary.jpg 35553607001_2534598829001_vs-51db09eae4b09a19c9989e32-1471893705001.jpg WayneFoutz.jpg hqdefault.jpg 8807cb09a79edcb8acef1717c94de48b.jpg

Take your pick at the attire that most suits you.

Trucker jacket was not an option I found. Sorry.

@JoeF2002
    Really does the prime picture.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    misterG, HopeOverMope, tinytim and 2 others Thank this.
  8. #1don

#1don Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    somewhere down south
  9. Blackshack46

That's the girl from IRT. If you didn't know.

10. #1don

#1don Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    somewhere down south
    I know who you talkin' 'bout... Lisa Kelly think her name is never watched it though.

11. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Only problem with that 20 pound belt buckle is that it is hidden by the 200 pound gut.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.