Who's The Worst Of Them ALL to work for?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Jan 28, 2006.

Who's the worst of them all?

1. *

Swift Transportation.

22.7%
  2. *

JB Hunt.

8.8%
  3. *

Werner

11.4%
  4. *

Covenant Transport.

5.2%
  5. *

(New) Prime Inc.

3.8%
  6. *

CR England.

21.3%
  7. *

Other

27.1%
  1. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I won't be mentioning any specific companies. This is because most, if not all, are now defunct or have changed their names.

But you have two eyes that work normally, right?

Usually these "under the barrel" companies can be found in and around large metro areas. They are also usually owned by immigrants from such places as Romania or Russia. Most of their drivers are from those countries as well. Their outfits are easy to spot. Those are the companies whose trucks have the bald tires, cracked windshields, trucks that break down almost daily, that sort of thing. And some change their names frequently to keep the feds off their trails.

But they don't have to be immigrant-operated to be under that barrel. I've seen American white-boy owned mom and pops that fit the description of being "worse that Swift". I once got a job at one of these places, a job I wanted to keep for only a few weeks, and didn't even get moved into the truck before I walked away. When I climbed aboard the rig, I found the mattress inside had a big bloodstain on it. I lifted the mattress up to look at the other side, only to find it was even worse. This ************************ expected me to move into this rig and take off driving. I guess he thought I was a fool just like all the guys who had come before me. Apparently, plenty of fools had driven for him, as the truck was only about 3 years old yet had over 500K miles on it. I took that as a signal he had been pushing solo drivers to drive illegally, even fireball, so I bolted.

These "corpse companies" are easy to spot, man. Use your eyes and your head. And be sure to use the most powerful word in your vocabulary when dealing with them. That word being, of course "NO".

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    I expected C.R.England at the top of the list.The way they get slammed on the net.

4. MAGNOLIA

MAGNOLIA Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2006
    NAVAJO should be in the top ten!
    They have LOW pay, LOW miles, Lots of down time, they don't pay layover pay, break down pay......lol!
    I wouldn't suggest anybody run for this company unless its your last resort!

5. stumble bum

stumble bum Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Pottsville
    add smith transport and barr nunn

6. Harryjr71

Harryjr71 Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2006
    yeah i'd have to say swift.....

7. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    My vote is with JB Hunt for many reasons bottom line is they chew up and spit out drivers like crazy.

8. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    What is the down side of Smith Transport? Is it their hometime policy?

9. THE BEST

THE BEST Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2006
    My vote would go to JB but since CR is on the list and they are a reefer outfit I would have to vote for CR being the worse. Anytime you deal with food places you have got problems.

I did attend an orientation with JB several years ago and I witnessed some stuff that I couldnt believe. Men who had traveled several hundred miles, thinking that they had a job, I saw man after man called out of the orientation only to be told that they could go home. Any company that resorts to this type of behavior is lower than whale poop. Come to find out, JB waited till orientation to even start processing the applications.

10. Newest Driver

Newest Driver Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Western Virginia
    So viewing the polls the best of the worst is Covenant, and then Werner? and the WORST absolute WORST to stay away from would be Swift. Interesting..

11. Slim

Slim Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Southeast
    im sorry but the company I used to run for, Commercial Carrier Corp....they have definately gotta be one of the worst companies on the road...not to mention their trucks are governed at 60 mph. I might as well have walked to deliver my loads. But other than them, I definatley put my vote in for Swift...lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.