Who's The Worst Of Them ALL to work for?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Jan 28, 2006.

Who's the worst of them all?

1. *

Swift Transportation.

22.7%
  2. *

JB Hunt.

8.8%
  3. *

Werner

11.4%
  4. *

Covenant Transport.

5.2%
  5. *

(New) Prime Inc.

3.8%
  6. *

CR England.

21.3%
  7. *

Other

27.1%
  1. Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Michigan
    Stevens Transport, out of Dallas, TX. They are hellbent on keeping drivers in training for an eternity... They just want drivers to haul their loads for $350 a week. Training is good, but if you need 10 weeks of training to drive a truck safely, maybe you shouldn't be driving a truck at all.
    I went through the first 5 weeks with a trainer (35 days exactly). When i went to talk to safety, the told me because I got off the truck at 4am on my 35th day that the 35th day didn't count. I would have to go out with another trainer for a week or so (probably more like 2). My counselor told me it was ok to get off the truck at 4am, so I did. Then the safety rep says: "I don't care what he told you, I'm not givin' you credit for the thirty-fifth day!" After 35 days with a trainer, you have orientation 2 and then three weeks dumb and dumber (trainee team), before you get a truck and start getting paid milage pay.
    I HATE STEVENS TRANSPORT!!!!! Don't go there unless you want to wait for meat loads all the time. Oh and they never answer their phones.... very rarely.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Another poster here is going to a Stevens orientation soon. He has 5 kids, I believe, and wanted to go with a "good" outfit. I told him to give Crete a call, as I didn't know enough about Stevens.

Now I know a little more.

4. Duckie

Duckie Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Alabama
    Stevens sux you will never see home thats 4 sure.

5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    And from what I heard you may as well throw that logbook out the window.

6. Duckie

Duckie Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Alabama
    I have a friend that swears by them but I think they suck

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Me too. I'll pass.

8. Douger2007

Douger2007 Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    If you want low pay, lack of communication, disorganization, Knight Transporation comes to mind.

9. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Douger, I don't know much about Knight, other than the fact I used to see their help-wanted in the Salt Lake Tribune pretty regularly when I lived there. I now know a little more about them. Are these guys worth checking out? A few posters here say "yes". I've also read posts from others who say "no way".

What is the "herd" doing at Knight?

10. azraelle

azraelle Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Saint George, UT
    Stevens Transport & CR England definitely suck. Not too crazy about Andrus Transportation (out of St. George, UT) either, but they were definitely a couple of cuts above Stevens and England. Aside from having a rep for bad drivers, is there anything more specific about Swift that puts them at the bottom? I would think that not being based in Utah would put them at least a few points above England!!

Since I am contemplating getting back into trucking after a 6 year hiatus, possibly as a driver, possibly as a dispatcher, what are your opinions on better newbie (and old newbie) accepting companies? Besides Schneider, who else? Do any of them have Freightliner Argosy's in their fleet? Thanks.

11. Duckie

Duckie Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Alabama
    Swift in my opinion is the gunk underneath the barrel of trucking companies, do a google search of swift V. You will find countless suits from employees suing them for such things as wrongful fireing, not being paid what they were owed, workmans comp suits, all kinds of stuff and if you actually read any of them you will conclude that 98% of the time the driver is right. Besides I spit at any company that hauls freight for under $1 a mile.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.