Why Are Flying J's so dirty?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Tenn I See Trucker, Aug 21, 2015.

1. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Hygiene still falls on the individual

Ougigoug, Dreamboat and 77smartin Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. joesmoothdog

joesmoothdog Heavy Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    OTR
  4. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    Maybe they need to stop hiring these individuals..

Windy M Jenner and truckon Thank this.
  5. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Equal rights go a long way

6. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Actually, it depends on the particular store. Some of them have become fairly respectable. Since most, if not all Dennys are franchised now, it seems to me like it has slowly gotten better.

Hey, he's a truck driver, what'd you expect, a "discriminating palate"?:D

WHAT! You mean somebody should actually take responsibility for their own actions? What a novel idea.

Uh-huh. But with "rights" come "responsibilities." Don't come whining about your "rights" if you're not willing to take your "responsibility" seriously. (Not aimed at you dca, just a general statement.)

HorseShoe and dca Thank this.
  7. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    No. If you are an employee, your pay should be calculated among your performance and retention. If you give Billy Big Rigger a Christmas bonus every year he'll think about that before he hops to a competitor. But if you tell Billy Big Rigger each year to push and push and he recieves nothing monetary he will leave you

Windy M Jenner Thanks this.
  8. TheHodag

TheHodag Light Load Member

I thought that maybe I was the only one that thought Flyin' J's have become horribly filthy. I was in the one off Hwy J just south of KC last month and the smell of the lot alone would knock you out (we're talking beyond the usual eau de pee that accompanies most TS). The entire facility was filthy and quite disgusting. I wound up leaving without so much as buying a cup of coffee. I avoid FJ like the plague.

Studebaker Hawk Thanks this.
  9. Jabber1990

Jabber1990 Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Jackson, MO

those who use urine bottles aren't newer rookie drivers, they are the veteran drivers with years of experience

so actually before you blame the new people who work for a certain carrier, I've seen more bad behavior out of veterans and owner operators than I have new drivers

those who sleep at the fuel island are owner/operators, I've seen more owner/operators crashed and in ditches and seen much more owner/operators flying 70MPH in a 55MPH zone than I ever have company drivers..I've seen no mega fleet drivers doing any of the behaviors we blame new drivers for

TruckDuo, negativecold13 and Dreamboat Thank this.
  10. KenworthGuyNH

KenworthGuyNH Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Central, NH
    You may be able to get an award for one post with the MOST B.S. in one day!!! Congrats; and please open your eyes while driving!!

11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    When I started driving in the early 80's, I just don't remember seeing gallon jugs of piss on off ramps and elsewhere like we do today. I think a lot of this trash comes from today's coast-to-coast team operators from far away lands who come over and run the trucks literally 24/7, only stopping to fuel, unload and reload (and empty the "black water tank" when it gets full)

Ougigoug Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.