Why are so many company drivers switching over to Quality Leasing?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Milechaser, Apr 25, 2015.

1. shelly66

shelly66 Bobtail Member

May 16, 2015
    Have you made the jump and are you happy with snippets choice board

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shelly66

shelly66 Bobtail Member

May 16, 2015
    Stupid aoto correct lol

4. 2old2care

2old2care Bobtail Member

May 10, 2015
    Ok, switching from company guy to lease. That's what companies prey on. UN suspecting drivers that are broke and angry about there pay. Looking to make there life better. So the company sells them on a pack lies about the lease program. Works out great for the company. They find a way to pay for the truck and get released of the liability of The truck and the driver. And get to make a huge pile of money. In short. Most of qualities trucks get leased about a 1000 times in 5 years. I view it as a pyramid scheme. Design to make the company money, by siphoning money out of people's pockets. 99 percent of lease purchase trucks are defaulted and repossessed or returned within a 2 months.

5. 2old2care

2old2care Bobtail Member

May 10, 2015
    The reason I am doing well as an owner op. A real one. I come from the old days of trucking. Point being. I made real business relationships with brokers and shippers an receivers. Learned how to build business relationship and barter for loads. Major fleet trucking companies don't want drivers knowing how easy it is to start and build a trucking company. So when I bought my truck and trailer. I had 15 years worth of savings to start out on. Other wise known as capital. I also planned 15 years ago on start my own business. So over the years prior. I would read business books, tax books, and finance books plus I have always had people around me to discuss trucking business and stuff related to it. To help me. That's how I did it. Even know that I am on my own. I am still seeking advice and still learning.

6. JMichael

JMichael Light Load Member

May 16, 2015
    The problem with averages and numbers in revenue is the assumption that your work ethic is equal to theirs

7. 2old2care

2old2care Bobtail Member

May 10, 2015
    I agree! That is a problem. For instance. I am a very hard worker. The problem was,when I was a company driver. The people I worked with. Were lazy to say the least. Which affected me. I had rely on them for loads. The only reason I stayed. After talking to other drivers and listen to them whine about poor pay. I just figured that all office workers for trucking companies are lazy. So thankfully that's over. Here's the kicker part when I resigned. They could have cared less. They never even said thanks for the 15 years I gave them. Basically got don't let the door hit you on the way out. So hoodoo. I will never ever be another company driver again.

8. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    How long have you been on your own?

9. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Leasing a truck from a company you drive for and Being a Owner Op is no way the same thing!!

10. walstib

walstib Darkstar

I wouldn't be surprised if many companies sell the lease that way, "it's just like an OO without all the blah blah blah....and you know, we're really not looking for too many "company" drivers, we give the lease guys preference of course, so what do you think? $3100 a week regardless of your miles is a bargain isn't it?"

11. 2old2care

2old2care Bobtail Member

May 10, 2015
    I have been on my own for a while now. It is a switch. What the truck grosses is $9000 a trip. I run up to the northwest and back. A trip takes 10 days. I do 3.5 trips a month legally. I still get 6 days at home a month. And I don't have to worry about having to listen to some whiney little fleet manager forcing me to leave when he wants me to. I get to setup or change delivery appointments to when I will be there. Helps the bottom line grow and remain stable. Don't think I will buy anymore trucks to have drivers run. Don't want that big of a headache.

lisamomof4boyz Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.