Why did you decide to become a trucker ?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Jbeltran805, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Jbeltran805

Jbeltran805 Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Out of all the things you could have done , why did you choose trucking as your career? Knowing there's jobs that pay better and maybe "easier"?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Because I had no common sense during those years of my life. I thought I knew it all. You know the saying,"Young and Dumb"

4. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Where i live in western ohio, unless you having an engineering degree of some sort, or a farmer, you either stay your ### in a dead end factory, go play the drama game at the local auto manufacturer, or become a cop. I tried playing the dead end factory life, i just couldn't do it. It drove me nuts. I was picked up for a job doing satellite telecommunications sites and building lan networks at businesses for the ohio lottery. Did that for 7 years and eventually got tired as i was only making $16.35 an hour. Figured since i still had my gi Bill, and my dad and grandfather both drive, i might as well give it a go. Now 2 years later, and I'm making more now than i ever have.

agent13, LindaPV, crb and 1 other person Thank this.
  5. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    I got out of the service as a heavy equipment mechanic and since my dad and grandfather had a truckin company. I figured what the **** and started wrenching. So I got my CDL and started driving. Bought my own trk. I use to enjoy driving, now I despise it and some of the low lifes being recruited to drive. Sick of this me,me,me attitude. As of Aug this year. I no longer drive for a living. My KW is now my RV toter and Back to wrenching. This industry like so many others in this country has gone down the tubes.

agent13, Call_me_Tom, Ougigoug and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    You make it sound so horrible. I just keep too myself and ##### about things to my wife

7. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Nope, a lot of good people in the industry still. But I refuse even as a 1 man show to be micromanaged by the idiots in Washington under the so called safety umbrella of regulations. I see the writing on the wall. It was time for me to get out.

Crusader66, 7-UP and Diesel Dave Thank this.
  8. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Office with a window :)

Diesel Dave and jason6541 Thank this.
  9. Slipnsyde

Slipnsyde Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Cause thats how we roll

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  10. Dressing up like Ronald McDonald was already taken.

wore out, BigGP, Stormy 69 and 4 others Thank this.
  11. KriegHund

KriegHund Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    On a hill south of heaven
    From the age of 5 there were only two occupations I would do, become a soldier, or be a truck driver. Joined Army at 17, two years later hurt my foot and couldn't run anymore, and was honorably discharged. Day after my discharge , I became a civil servant doing the same job I preformed for the Army. Jump forward five years , on a field assignment a training accident took place I just happened to be in the vicinity, left civil service after that. Married had a family and eventually started my second dream career.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.