Why I didn't go with US Express...not a rant on them

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by TROOPER to TRUCKER, Aug 2, 2015.

1. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I had heard some great things from drivers but I decided that in no way would I ride as a team with another student driver for any amount of time. Well the recruiter told me that wasn't the case they can offer me a dedicated route where I would train with a driver running dedicated and I would be good to go. I know if recruiter offers dedicated red flags come up. So I ask which one and was told Dollar General and I thanked her and told her I wasn't interested.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I believe if drivers do 215 hours of training, drivers don't have to team.

The company has a lot of other dedicated accounts. Most of them are offered to current drivers.

4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Yeah I know but if current drivers don't take the route there is a reason. I was told by my recruiter that only if I took the dedicated I could not have to team with another student. Maybe the recruiter was just trying to sucker me into the Dollar General dedicated.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Curious to know what the global xpress day cab pup drivers get paid for LTL. Very few around my AO.

6. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    Id never consider USExpress because of the ridiculously massive ad campaign ran here...Way too many ads posted in too many places..I quit craigslist cause I got tired of there dang ads....If it was that good, there would be no openings

Infosaur and Shaggy Thank this.
  7. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Xpress Global drivers pay isn't that great.

Dollar General, Family Dollar, etc are all not worth the pay.

Shaggy Thanks this.
  8. Dean Vader

Dean Vader Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2015
    Question..... FOR A DRIVER JUST STARTING OUT THE DOLLOR ACCOUNTS ARE NOT GOOD OR FOR A VET DRIVER

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    never seen the global guys at the dollar stores. float around the commercial complexes as a normal LTL carrier would. can't have many accounts. never was at the ones where i was at :happy1:

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  10. JimmyJohnTexas

JimmyJohnTexas Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2016
    Why is it that so many people take what one person says about something as being gospel? why is it that someone who is new to the industry, thinks they can just walk in like they own the place and are going to do what they want to do? isn't you asking for an opportunity?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.